New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Hi,

I'm planning to sell my 2016 Altis 1.6AT by next year, my reason is i want to upgrade my ride as a whole.
    So my choices are the following
    Second hand:
    86/Brz MT
    WRX MT/CVT

Brand new:
    Civic RS

I'm also looking at second hand Mazda 6 and Accord.

My budget is around 1.4M in total after selling the Altis. Performance and Fun to drive is my main priority, next is the capability to be a daily drive.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    All of the options are good and quality cars..but then brand new againsts used cars...brand new na lang.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Some low mileage WRX could be had for less than 1.4M. The WRX will be priced over 2M with TRAIN in place by next month.

If looking for a midsize, you can consider the VW Passat 2.0T. Opt for the Accord 3.5L V6 as it will not be released anymore with the upcoming generation. These cars are comfortable yet sporty, quick, and fast.
    Last edited by Egan101; December 28th, 2017 at 05:58 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I would get a WRX if you want something both practical and fast, or a Miata if you want something oozing with timeless character.

Secondhand over brand new, any day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Some low mileage WRX could be had for less than 1.4M. The WRX will be priced over 2M with TRAIN in place by next month.

If looking for a midsize, you can consider the VW Passat 2.0T. Opt for the Accord 3.5L V6 as it will not be released anymore with the upcoming generation. These cars are comfortable yet sporty, quick, and fast.
    Thanks for bringing up Passat 2.0T, i'll include that on my option. It's very classy btw but how about maintenance?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I would get a WRX if you want something both practical and fast, or a Miata if you want something oozing with timeless character.

Secondhand over brand new, any day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I actually tested the used WRX on AutoCamp, it's a CVT. I can say it's really good, now i just want to know how much difference it has with the MT variant?

As for the Miata, i couldn't find a unit below 1.5M hehe

To add to my criteria, aftermarket upgrade should be adequate.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Bnew tayo.

Just add hondata or ktuner and a custom tune, and you're on your way to kill all the cars mentioned.

All that, without sacrificing fuel consumption(still a 1.5L direct injected engine kaya tipid) if your not boosting hard.

If 2nd hand, go for wrx cvt(traffic will only get worse ...) I read the stock cvt of wrx can handle upto 400whp. Given the weight disadvantage, it is still decent fast!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    WRX....AWD and a turbo 2 liter boxer engine. I like the RS but it cant hold a candle to the WRX. The 86/BRZ just isnt practical as a daily driver.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    WRX....AWD and a turbo 2 liter boxer engine. I like the RS but it cant hold a candle to the WRX. The 86/BRZ just isnt practical as a daily driver.

Yup, i'm actually leaning towards WRX as i was able to test drive a unit earlier. Feels premium as well. for 1.4M price tag, is it a catch ?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Bnew is around 1.8+++ if i am not mistaken. Sounds about right.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast