New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Planning to sell my Venture and replace with a van. Choices down to Urvan Estate and Starex TCI. Price is almost the same. Power almost the same. Urvan can fit 12 while Starex is a 9 seater.

Use:
    driver driven
    family van for school and out of town trips
    typical load will be 5 adults and 3 kids + stroller and other kids stuff
    my kids like to sleep in the car lying down so the 4th row of the urvan may come in handy.
    will be used from time to time to move stuff

What is the fuel consumption of both vans? How much is maintenance?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd suggest you get a 2nd hand 12 seater Starex GRX CRDi. Has the Urvan seating capacity with 145 horses and 360Nm of torque to haul it. But between the two, I'd get the Starex TCi for the comfort.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ano year model ba yang 12 seater Starex GRX CRDi? Not familar with the starex model line up kasi

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK 2004-2007 yung production run ng Starex GRX. Starex Jumbo ata tawag dun.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...i+Starex+Jumbo
    Here's one, just look for those like it.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Starex TCi nalang. Mas maganda yung itsura. ;) Forget the 2nd hand starex, may pambili ka naman ng brand new e.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    based sa requirements mo sir, parang mas-suitable ang urvan estate... ganyan din yung gamit and requirements ng kakilala ko, satisfied naman siya with the urvan estate... very basic kasi ang equipment ng urvan estate so easy to maintain... and syempre, nissan's superb airconditioning which is neccessary kapag out of town with the kids.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Starex TCi nalang. Mas maganda yung itsura. ;) Forget the 2nd hand starex, may pambili ka naman ng brand new e.
    he hee pagnabenta ang venture may pang down payment ng brand new utang na lang ang balance. Pero nagtanong na ko ng financing options. Mabigat parin monthly payments

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I suggested the 2nd hand GRX CRDi because the Starex TCi is quite lacking in power (101ps vs 145ps for the GRX), especially for such a big body. If there was a brand new LWB GRX CRDi I would have suggested that. The LWB GRX CRDi has the better engine compared to both of those stated above and has the same seating capacity. BTW, how much exactly is your budget?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    driver driven naman pla sir so urvan nalang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Urvan Estate vs Starex TCI