New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Planning to sell my Venture and replace with a van. Choices down to Urvan Estate and Starex TCI. Price is almost the same. Power almost the same. Urvan can fit 12 while Starex is a 9 seater.

Use:
    driver driven
    family van for school and out of town trips
    typical load will be 5 adults and 3 kids + stroller and other kids stuff
    my kids like to sleep in the car lying down so the 4th row of the urvan may come in handy.
    will be used from time to time to move stuff

What is the fuel consumption of both vans? How much is maintenance?
    Drive them both for a test drive and you find during the first few meters already that the Starex ride so much better; more comfortable and far more refined. The TCI is for your purposes a good choice. If mostly used in manila alone, a CRDi is not really needed.... but its nice to have! The CRDi is probably the best engine you can find in any luxurious van today!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I'll choose the starex.. Tingin ko mas maganda ang ride and mas madaling sumakay lalo na sa harap.. Ang taas ng Urvan...

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    ill choose starex over urvan estate. longer warranty and iwas para sa traffic enforcers.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lukscudkil View Post
    ill choose starex over urvan estate. longer warranty and iwas para sa traffic enforcers.
    what if kung other way around? hehe just joking.

urvan is not that bad also, but it does not have airbags.
    starex for me.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    i really still dont understand how a lot of people still think that the aircon of the urvan is better than the starex..

for me there is no comparison.. starex aircon hands down..

the reason i say this is from experience.. we have five nissan urvans for our school shuttle service.. with the stock aircon configuration,, people sitting on the back two rows are always complaining that they cant feel the aircon..

i suggested installing extra fans located around the center of the ceiling. and now air is finally reaching the back..

but now students are complaining that hot air is the only thing they feel.
    there are so many nissan urvans running around.. and everytime i see a full laden urvan.. the passengers are using fans to keep themselves cool..

sorry if this is OT.. but im just clarrifying..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    dual aircon ang urvan estate, pero alanganin yung pagkakapwesto ng aircon nya, halos nasa gitna na sya nakapwesto, unlike dun sa L300 versa van aircon set-up na nasa side nakapwesto.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    this aircon vent setup is actually better than the urvan escapade and shuttle.. but if your sitting at the back row.. and the van is full.. the aircon is still lacking in cooling capacity..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Urvan Estate vs Starex TCI