New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Good day Ford Experts. I'm being convinced by my parents to change my civic fd 08 to a ford everest 3rd gen.(their choice) second hand lang. Masyado daw kasing mababa ang sedan, mas safe ang SUV incase magkaaksidente, pwede rin for heavy loads for business ng pamilya at ibang pang parents concerns(may pagka-OA din). Pinag-iisipan ko pa po talaga ito kasi ayaw ko palitan ang fd ko kasi it's my first car at walang ford casa sa lugar namin. I'm still a student po at 2 years pa bago grumaduate sana. hehe. though I understand my parents and I'm getting to like the ford everest especially the 3rd gen. but still have a lot of questions in mind. I've already google some of my question but still can't understand some of them..
    Here's my question:
    1. Pros and Cons
    2. Engine performance and details (kindly explain further po, like what's the use of TDCi, turbo charge. etc)
    3. how's the ride? di po ba kalampag dahil sa 18"?
    4. What is FE limited? FE ice package?
    5. FE problems. I heard may problema sa Fuel indicator.
    6. Gaano po ba kamahal ang spare parts at service(their having this Ford Caravan Visit every 3 months)?
    7. Fuel Consumption. My fd's FC is 6-7km/l city driving..

Budget is 900-950k but perhaps maaextend daw depende kung magustuhan ang bibilhin. Sorry sa newbie question..

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    There are already threads that is concerned about your queries. Anyways, it's only from you that I've heard about the fuel Indicator problems. FC is 9-12km/l mixed driving for the 2.5L.

TDCi is the "TITLE" they're using to let people know that it is a Common Rail Diesel.

Turbo Super Charging is a Force Induction system to boost performance.

Ride is bearable. Siguro, sing tagtag din ng FD.

Spare parts are inexpensive especially when you know where to get your parts, in that case, there's MazFord, Autorama and Fordland.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I think with regards to accident safety, the FD is a pretty safe car. The only place where the Ford would be better is in terms of crossing flooded roads.

If walang Ford casa sa area, then parts may be difficult lalo kung wala ring ibang pwedeng pagkunan ng parts.

I'd keep the FD lalo since alam mo na yung sakit ng kotse etc. BUT if you needed to change to a larger car, I'd consider something like a Fortuner nalang (I think may toyota dealer naman diyan?)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1. Pros and Cons

More able to cross flooded areas... but... More prone to roll-over, not any safer in a crash (FD Civic has better crash test ratings... Weight and size don't mean nothing in terms of crash safety if the bigger vehicle is made of lesser strength steel

More space.

2. Engine performance and details (kindly explain further po, like what's the use of TDCi, turbo charge. etc)

The engine is pretty good. That's all you need to know.

It is. The FE is just as stiff as the FD when equipped with 18s, but it's also bouncier on the highway. Its saving grace is the seats are softer.

Pretty much that plus the mags.

Haven't really heard about many issues. Compared to the competition, the FE is relatively reliable.

6. Gaano po ba kamahal ang spare parts at service(their having this Ford Caravan Visit every 3 months)?

Not any worse than the FD.

FC is similar in similar conditions... But diesel is cheaper.

----

While extra space is always good, if you're getting something for work, probably better a pick-up than a seven seated. Cheaper, too.

Mind you... NO TRUCK under 2m will be safer in terms of on-road stability or crashworthiness than a good medium sized car.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    one thing i learned over the years...: don't argue with your financier. besides, the other vehicle ain't bad. the only problems i forsee, are the turning circle (maneuverability) and the difficulty of parking.
    don't we like to have your problem..
    heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by henyomzky View Post
    Good day Ford Experts. I'm being convinced by my parents to change my civic fd 08 to a ford everest 3rd gen.(their choice) second hand lang. Masyado daw kasing mababa ang sedan, mas safe ang SUV incase magkaaksidente, pwede rin for heavy loads for business ng pamilya at ibang pang parents concerns(may pagka-OA din). Pinag-iisipan ko pa po talaga ito kasi ayaw ko palitan ang fd ko kasi it's my first car at walang ford casa sa lugar namin. I'm still a student po at 2 years pa bago grumaduate sana. hehe. though I understand my parents and I'm getting to like the ford everest especially the 3rd gen. but still have a lot of questions in mind. I've already google some of my question but still can't understand some of them..
    Here's my question:
    1. Pros and Cons

Budget is 900-950k but perhaps maaextend daw depende kung magustuhan ang bibilhin. Sorry sa newbie question..
    Maganda ang Everest. Aling variant ang kukunin mo?

1. Pros: Parang submarine sa baha, malawak ang loob, malakas humatak, matipid sa krudo, benefits of being a diesel
    Cons: matagtag lalo na with the 18 inch rims
    2. Malakas talaga humatak, though syempre hindi kasimbilis ng FD mo, lalo na with the 2.5 pero mas matipid. It has excellent low end torque with both variants. TDCi= Ford speak for commonrail direct injection, turbocharged and intercooled engine
    3. mas matagtag as compared to other SUVs but should be liveable if you are used to the ride quality of AUVs
    4. FE Limited? Wala atang ganon? Baka FE= Ford Everest Limited? you can check out the specs at Ford Philippines | Ford Cars, Ford Motor Company, Ford Philippines
    5. Everest's fuel indicator doesn't have any problems, at least none that I know of.
    6. The Everest is an Asian market model. Parts are also made in Thailand. If you know where to buy, it shouldn't be far off from its Jap competitors.
    7. FC? I'd estimate at 6-8km/L for the 3.0 and 7-9 for the 2.5 depending on driving style and traffic conditions.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks po for the Quick reply. I really appreciate it. If decided we'll be getting a 2.5L ford everest.

Anyway, about the fuel gauge/indicator. I have read this thread " http://tsikot.com/forums/ford-cars-t...everest-64906/ " just last year and one of my dad's friend also has a similar issue regarding his FE '08 that's why I'm a bit worried na baka after sometime lalabas ang problema..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Sobrang matagtag yung ride ng Everest, talo pa yung Fortuner.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by henyomzky View Post
    Thanks po for the Quick reply. I really appreciate it. If decided we'll be getting a 2.5L ford everest.

Anyway, about the fuel gauge/indicator. I have read this thread " http://tsikot.com/forums/ford-cars-t...everest-64906/ " just last year and one of my dad's friend also has a similar issue regarding his FE '08 that's why I'm a bit worried na baka after sometime lalabas ang problema..
    Ah~ Isolated case naman ata yan. Kundi, napakalaki na ng issue na yan dito sa Tsikot like the Accent 1.4GL's knocking issue. We have a family friend who owns a 2008 Everest. Haven't heard any such problem from him.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    one thing i learned over the years...: don't argue with your financier. besides, the other vehicle ain't bad. the only problems i forsee, are the turning circle (maneuverability) and the difficulty of parking.
    don't we like to have your problem..
    heh heh.
    Words of wisdom indeed. Never bite the hand that feeds.

I'd go for the FE over the FD since i love trucks and the extra beef you get from the suspension in our bad roads. Upgrading the shocks to an aftermarket set like Old Man Emus, Ironman, etc. will help improve the choppy ride somewhat (this worked with our first gen Everest at least).

Just keep it maintained and it will serve you well. Best to have a full check-up as well, especially if the vehicle is still under warranty so any issues can be addressed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Upgrading from civic fd to Ford Everest