New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Dont worry much about the bumpy ride. There are some ways to improve the riding comfort. Everest is definitely a more practical than your present vehicle
    1. Fill up the tires with nitrogen
    2. Try replacing an after market shocks with 2 way dampering once the OE shocks are alreasy wore out.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    you cant go wrong with the everest, its not that bumpy unless mag isa ka lang sa car. FC is good lalo na diesel pa. kung alam mo bilihan ng parts hindi sya mahal, my gen 2 everest is more than 3 yrs wala naman ako pinalitan except sa tire, alt belt, brake pads and oils (normal wear &tear parts lang).

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks po sa advices! Your comments really enlightened me. Bye bye na my civic hello Ford Everest next month. Approved na sa "financers". Hehe

But im still a bit ignorant sa mga shocks. Ang alam ko lang is load plus. Does the everest get low when loaded(puno ng tao)? Konti lang kasi eve dto samin. Ang madami ay fort at monty. Laging lowered ang likod pag puno ng tao tulad ng fd ko. Napapangitan ako sa ganun..

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    SUVs like the Everest, Fortuner, Montero, are equipped with stiff springs so when fully loaded it wouldn't look anything like a fully loaded Vios. Depending on the load, it would lower a bit but not very noticeable.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nakakita na nga ako ng Fortuner na fully loaded at nakaluhod yung likod. Montero so far di pa ako nakakita. IMHO the Everest has lesser tendency to behave this way dahil na rin sa stiffer suspension niya as compared to the others, particularly the leaf springs at the back.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Good day po mga sir! May itatanong po sana ako. May binebenta kasi po sa akin na Ford Everest 2011 M/T P800, 0000. Never pa po kaming nagkasasakyan kasi mahirap lang po kami kaya wala po akng kaalamalam sa kahit ano. Ang tanong ko po, ano po kayang pangkaraniwan na problema ng Ford Everest na maaring dahilan upang ibenta po ng mayari? Thank you po

7. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi all. I currently have a Ford Everest and have been driving it for about 2 years now. In terms of power and durability, all I can say is OK. The only concern I have. and it is probably the biggest and most annoying concern, is its rare suspension which are 'leaf springs'. It is terrible!

The Ford Everest and Ford Ranger have the same chassis. Leaf springs are used mostly by trucks. Now why would they use a truck chassis on a family car?! If only I knew back then... Don't get me wrong I love my FE basically because I am kind of a sentimental when it comes to my things but really...

Yes, leaf springs outlive coil springs. They are way more durable and reliable for heavy loads. The heavier the load the better the FE's ride will be, true, but still not comfortable enough as per my standard and I believe also for most people's standard. And are we supposed to hope our FE gets fully-loaded everyday just so we can have a slightly less annoying ride?

If anyone is aiming for a family vehicle, I, basing from my experience, personally suggest against the FE or any vehicle with leaf spring suspension. True the FE has power due to having turbo-intercooler but also consider the danger of driving really fast but having the vehicle not being able to handle bumps and potholes effectively.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    long time no post!

Hi,

current owner of FE for 3 years now.

What i like about the Everest
    * in terms of power, hindi ito nangungulelat, it is nice to know you have the pulling power when you need it (to overtake or to smoke someone)

* in terms of reliability, wala ito issue sa fuel system (D4D Toyota), i think its the only unit na may waterproof ECU which is good sa floods. Up to now, wala pa ko pinapalitan na nasirang parts (aside from the alt/fan belt na pinalitan ko due to preventive maint purposes) be it sa suspension o sa makina.

* in terms of maintenance, you can go to Mazford, readily available ang parts nila lalo na mga madalas na kelangan for PMS like oil/air/fuel filter, brake pads and belts, even Motorcraft oils (required for ATFs) at hindi naman ito mahal tulad ng inaakala mo. Outside the Casa na maintenance ko kahit under warranty pa ang unit ko, mas matipid, hindi naman rocket science kelangan para gawin ang maintenance like change oil etc, reputable shops like Goodyear Autocare, Bosch o kahit sa suking Gas station lang pwede (wag lang Rapide) Papayag din ang MAzford ipa LBC ang parts na need mo basta suki ka na.

in terms of looks, I find the looks of the FE to be more commanding than, say Montero (for me), subjective naman ang aspect na to. pero having 18's wheels as standard di ba ang bangis? hehe.

in terms of comfort, yes much better ang competition (MS, Fort, Alterra, TB), wala kang aasahang ginhawa pag dumaan ka sa lubak (had my shocks upgraded to Pro-Comp), pero masasanay ka din, ang plus lang dito kahit waldasin mo ang FE sa lubak/potholes alam mong walang masisira sa pang ilalim mo (tried and tested), wala naman sigurong tao na magpapatakbo ng mabilis habang lumalampas sa humps at potholes, sure it may be bone jarring but i believe the FE can handle it. magiging okay na naman ang ride pag may sakay ka ng 4 na tao. Sanayan lang naman. Also, i think FE has the better interior space (forget the 3rd row, Trailblazer lang panalo dito).

in terms of handling, hands down walang problema sa mga twisties, you can thank the rear sway bar for that.

sa cons,
    i hate the position of the spare tire, get used to it dahil kahit may backup sensor ka you will still think twice sa distance when backing up specially sa parking.

turning radius, FE has the worst.

hth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Upgrading from civic fd to Ford Everest