New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Not sure if Kia still sells the 5-seater FWD variant of the Sorento CRDI but it sits right around the prices of the options listed above. A bigger body compared to other CUV, a potent CRDi engine, lots of cargo space, and a bit more frugal on fuel (diesel) but the interior is a bit bare compared to its Korean brother (Santa Fe).
    yup, join the club of happy sorento owners. same 2.2 rvgt engine as the santa fe but at a lower price, same space, and no f*#*%! HARI dealerships to deal with. price is 1.395M, and for sure may discount pa yan. pa-add ka na lang ng fog lights, roof rack and spoiler sa labas. baka nga ma-haggle mo pang free yung spoiler. mura lang PMS ng kia.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I'd avoid 2nd hand considering some are flooded units. Even if you have them checked thoroughly there's still a risk. One reason some cars have low mileage is because it takes a few months to "restore" a flooded vehicle good enough to sell.
    any toyota car under 2 years with warranty and insurance, will most likely have a service history with toyota.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    Hehe sorry di ko nabigay un ibang info earlier...

I don't have my own vehicle yet so this would be my first. Budget is around 1.5M pero un na ung medyo top ng range for the budget

Variants i'm looking at:
    Facelifted CX5 FWD priced at 1.495
    Xtrail 4x2 priced at 1.375
    Forester 2.0i priced at 1.398
    Rav4 Gas 2.5 priced at 1.367
    TS, though you already set your eyes on a CUV, check out also the all-new Ford Everest. The following variants may suit your budget of 1.5M:
    a) 2.2L 4X2 Ambiente AT- 1,399,000
    b) 2.2L 4X2 Trend AT- 1,539,000

4. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Thanks sa lahat ng nagreply. Titingnan namin un forester and sorento this weekend. Un everest medyo malabo kasi gagamitin din ng wife ko un vehicle eh medyo nahihirapan sya sa handling ng suv hehe but the new everest looks promising ☺

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Thanks sa lahat ng nagreply. Titingnan namin un forester and sorento this weekend. Un everest medyo malabo kasi gagamitin din ng wife ko un vehicle eh medyo nahihirapan sya sa handling ng suv hehe but the new everest looks promising ☺
    Rav4, Forester and Xtrail are my recommendations due to their spacious cabin and comfort seats. But if handling is your top priority, CX5 is the best choice. Sorento is almost the same size as Everest so bring your wife in case the size is too big for her to drive.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rav4, Forester and Xtrail are my recommendations due to their spacious cabin and comfort seats. But if handling is your top priority, CX5 is the best choice. Sorento is almost the same size as Everest so bring your wife in case the size is too big for her to drive.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    With regards to the Sorento, it is about the same size as the Santa Fe and, both seem to be shorter and lower than the rest of the ladder-framed midsize SUVs (Fort, MS, Eve, TB, MUX). Our 2010 Sorento (same chassis as current) is only a tad bigger than the 2nd gen CRV. The new X-Trail is about the same in dimensions as the Sorento and Santa Fe.
    Last edited by Egan101; May 26th, 2015 at 04:11 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Nice choices. But wouldnt you consider the Tucson also? Not as much space of your choices but definitely more comfortable to drive by your wife. Huge discounts also since its outgoing. Then there is the Captiva.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12