New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Hi,

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this.. We are in the market for a new cuv but could not decide on which unit to get. If possible, i would like to ask for your help in listing down the pros and cons for each. A few months ago mas gusto namin un xtrail kya lng when the facelifted cx5 was released mas nagle-lean na kami with cx5. Pero to be honest di pa rin namin nkita un forester.

Basically we are looking for the unit na pinaka bang for the buck kya pwede combination ng price, technology, comfort etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bibimbap; May 21st, 2015 at 04:16 AM. Reason: corrected title

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    whats the current vehicle?

budget range?
    Last edited by StockEngine; May 21st, 2015 at 04:29 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    which variant are you looking at?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Hehe sorry di ko nabigay un ibang info earlier...

I don't have my own vehicle yet so this would be my first. Budget is around 1.5M pero un na ung medyo top ng range for the budget

Variants i'm looking at:
    Facelifted CX5 FWD priced at 1.495
    Xtrail 4x2 priced at 1.375
    Forester 2.0i priced at 1.398
    Rav4 Gas 2.5 priced at 1.367

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Dun sa isang thread, the Forester 2.0i is at P1.25M. A real bargain, unahan nalang kayo dun sa unit ;)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    for that budget I would go olx for the 2nd hand 2013 rav4. 3 units available. all 3 are under 20k odometer, engine and transmission are 95% probably ok. abit over priced but you can haggle if you will pay cash. steam wash detail should clean those cars to like new.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If space is a key consideration, the new X-Trail is bigger than the rest of the competition. It even comes standard with 3rd row seats (though limited to small people). It is as big as the current Santa Fe.

Though if I have to choose, I'd go with the Forester.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If space is a key consideration, the new X-Trail is bigger than the rest of the competition. It even comes standard with 3rd row seats (though limited to small people). It is as big as the current Santa Fe.

Though if I have to choose, I'd go with the Forester.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I'd avoid 2nd hand considering some are flooded units. Even if you have them checked thoroughly there's still a risk. One reason some cars have low mileage is because it takes a few months to "restore" a flooded vehicle good enough to sell.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Not sure if Kia still sells the 5-seater FWD variant of the Sorento CRDI but it sits right around the prices of the options listed above. A bigger body compared to other CUV, a potent CRDi engine, lots of cargo space, and a bit more frugal on fuel (diesel) but the interior is a bit bare compared to its Korean brother (Santa Fe).
    Last edited by Egan101; May 21st, 2015 at 10:00 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I'd avoid 2nd hand considering some are flooded units. Even if you have them checked thoroughly there's still a risk. One reason some cars have low mileage is because it takes a few months to "restore" a flooded vehicle good enough to sell.
    another reason why the mileage is low is because they probably replaced the instrument panel. most instrument panels don't work anymore after being flooded. so most probably that 20k mileage is 20k from the time they replaced the panel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast