New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Accent if your mom can handle the stickshift as it only comes in MT here in the Philippines.

But reading your criteria, I think a 1.3 City can best serve the purpose.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Dun sa mga choices na binigay mo.

Hyundai Accent din ako.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    HP, tidus1203, leOxe, valskie01,
    thanks man, i think the hyundai is really good.
    read the TG's review about it, it registered:

20 km/l best
    8 km/l worst
    (exact figures i can't remember na)

then it's a diesel, so i think it's the best fuel efficient car of the three. though I'd like to suggest her the new focus TDCI with dual clutch haha!! it's just too expensive daw.

renzo,
    hahaha!! she doesn't like it, mahirap daw i-park at mainit daw sa mata
    yup, the sentra goes for like 585k and the accent yata is 680k, but since the latter is diesel, tama lang pricing siguro.. hehe

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    if it's for your mom, preferably A/T sana para madali for her to move around, even in our highly congested, traffic-laden Manila streets. kaso sa budget, Sentra A/T lang pasok sa budget. Nissan also has 5yr warranty now so good buy ren cia with all the power features and nice/soft ride.

I've driven an Accent na ren kaso not really happy with its interiors. Also, sabi nila mahal daw magmaintain ng CRDI engines.. not sure about this kasi never personally owned one. pero given that it's a diesel, Fuel Economy is higher among the choices. kaso, M/T nga lang ren.

if resale value is a concern and reliability ang pinag-uusapan, Vios 1.3 E M/T is the way to go. Toyota has been a very reliable brand throughout the years and parts availability, be it stock/OEM or aftermarket, marami. new ren model ng Vios kaya nde malalaos agad.

if i were you, Sentra A/t choice ko. if oks lang sa mom mo M/T, then Vios next. then Last Accent.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd pick the Sentra a/t, it's rides comfortably, legendary calsonic aircon, parts are plenty since it's already been out for a while now, and looks unassuming (hindi takaw attention).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ah hehehe.....

Yup, although the accent is pricey.....as long as it's fuel efficient....then go! :rofl:

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    Nissan also has 5yr warranty now so good buy ren cia with all the power features and nice/soft ride.
    5yrs na pala warranty ng nissan ngayon? applicable to all models? wow! ganda! hehe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    5yrs na pala warranty ng nissan ngayon? applicable to all models? wow! ganda! hehe
    std 3yrs/100K then extended warranty cia 2yrs. no extra charge. alam ko sa Sentra/GL/Xtrail lang cia offered. not sure if meron na ren iba. got mine last August sa Nissan Gallery Ortigas.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    std 3yrs/100K then extended warranty cia 2yrs. no extra charge. alam ko sa Sentra/GL/Xtrail lang cia offered. not sure if meron na ren iba. got mine last August sa Nissan Gallery Ortigas.

how much did you get yours?
    1.3GX ba sayo? with discounts etc.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    VIOS 1.3 E M/T - Php659,000.00
    City 1.3 A MT - PHP 676,000.00
    Accent 1.5 GL - Php 700,000.00

The listed Vios and City variant both have ABS. Vios has driver's airbag.

The Accent, I think, doesn't come with neither airbags or ABS. It does have power windows and steering, etc.

You couldn't go wrong with any of the three choices. The diesel Accent might cost more in terms of PMS and CRDi's injector are expensive to repair.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota Vios 1.3J vs. Nissan Sentra 1.3GX vs. Hyundai Accent 1.5GL