New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Prado definitely.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    What year was the Prado introduced (the current model) ?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^AFAIK, 2009. I'd expect mga 6-7 years ang lifespan so perhaps by 2015 at the earliest ang model change.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    To be honest was gonna get a mustang but had to be more practical hehe. So its down to these two. I like the maxcruz speed and tech. But landcruiser as a nameplate is legendary as well. And they hold value so well. And its built to last.

So this is tough.

This would be my formal car and out of town car.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    I was exactly on the same boat last December and after all considerations - from Mustang 5.0, Prado (Local Gas) and Explorer - I ended up with a LC200. No regrets. It just needs a little getting used to because as you said, it's big and wide.

The LC200 does not drink diesel heavily - around 6.5km/l city driving - not bad for a V8. Its tremendous torque helps move it fast enough below 1,500 RPM.

The Prado, when I test drove one, is kinda stiff, especially if unloaded with passengers. I drove a gas version and engine response is smooth, although the 4.0 V6 needs a little more effort to get the Prado going faster. However, the owner told me it drinks gas big time. I don't know about the diesel but based on reviews I saw on the net, it also performs well and can even beat a Range Rover on the mountainside.

As for the Maxcruz, it's just a long wheelbase Santa Fe and I recommend you to get a Santa Fe instead if you are not sitting 6 passengers all the time. Having the same 2.2 engine, the Santa Fe may be more economical due to lighter weight.

For long-term ownership, I would really suggest a Toyota. Just look at how many older Prados are still on the road and most of them looks good.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    What year was the Prado introduced (the current model) ?
    2009 when the current 150-Series Prado came out.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm biased. So I'll go with the Prado.

I used to drive a Gen 1.5 Expedition for a time, so I had gotten used to that size of SUV. Not so hard to get used to, although when I switched to a Prado (LC120), I did feel a bit of a pinch in terms of space, but much better manueverability, coz of the smaller body. There's a van anyway for loading what the Prado can't handle. And for EQAddict, I do believe the LC200 was considered, but was too big.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Okay leaning now to diesel Prado and will try the LC200 as well. Its just so massive.

Can anyone tell me what are the different variants of the diesel Prado? I see tx-l, vx, gx, dubai, local, etc. im getting confused (and i usually know cars....)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, the gray market offerings mess the whole listing up. More options nga naman.

I think the gray market ones come closer to lc200 in price though.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Okay leaning now to diesel Prado and will try the LC200 as well. Its just so massive.

Can anyone tell me what are the different variants of the diesel Prado? I see tx-l, vx, gx, dubai, local, etc. im getting confused (and i usually know cars....)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gray market units I saw offer TX-L and VX trims, with the VX as top of the line model. Normally, the main differences are: seat material, wheel size, audio/navigation system, additional functions like traction control, auto-levelling headlamps, etc. Both can come in either 2.7L Gas, 4.0L Gas and 3.0 Diesel. You just have to specify the model you want. I saw some ads selling Prado VX 3.0L Diesel at around 3.3M - which is cheaper than the local units which are being sold for 3.8M.

I suggest you browse through an owner's manual so you can see the many options that can be equipped in a Prado.

If you decide to buy the 4.0L version, the local unit in VX trim is very much complete already and price is good.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Only considering diesel variants. But the LC200 I looked at (my friend's) looks really nice. I like the facelifted ones too with the DRLs. Of course its about a million bucks more expensive so I have to be really really sure about my choice.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Toyota Prado diesel TX-L or hyundai Maxcruz?