New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    BMW's are overhyped and breaks down easily after 2 years. Same goes with Mercedes Benz. Audi is probably better than these 2. As for Lexus, I believe it is more reliable and cheaper right now cause of JPEPA. You can also ask for other users on reliability and maintenance costs since premium cars are a pain to maintain.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by France08 View Post
    yah i admit that LXS relies on its electronics... but whats the real meaning of fun to drive?

i test drove both and theres a lot of differences in road noise and ride comfort..
    and honestly i didn't have any badge biases... but come to think of it those electronics are there for a reason...

turn off traction control and stability?
    why would you even do that?<-------------- with all the accidents and traffic in manila

someday you'll have a family that you'll take in long drives etc etc etc
    you would just hoped those "electronics" were in your car...
    there are some people looking for performance, and being able to push the car to it's limits is one factor in "fun to drive". i think your looking for comfort and not the fun factor so the IS is for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    BMW's are overhyped and breaks down easily after 2 years. Same goes with Mercedes Benz. Audi is probably better than these 2. As for Lexus, I believe it is more reliable and cheaper right now cause of JPEPA. You can also ask for other users on reliability and maintenance costs since premium cars are a pain to maintain.
    have you ever owned a bmw, mb or an audi? or did you just read that on a magazine and internet?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    At the 3m price range... I'd think long and hard before actually getting either a Bimmer or an IS. You can get, for a little more, a twin-turbo S60 that has much more space, a better interior (don't quite like Lexus leather... and I think lower-end 3-series interiors are kind of bare) and more safety and excitement than either of the two.

Or... you can go cheap and buy a Legacy GT. Not quite "pogi" for me, but big, comfortable, safe and powerful.

Or you can go really cheap and buy a Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

Or, if you want the whole luxury shebang... a Hyundai Genesis Sedan. Which is 3m, has a 300 hp V6. Lots of safety electronics (not quite as much as the S60, though), a variable-tune suspension, parking cameras front and rear, a huge back seat and presence similar to a Lexus LS. The leather and appointments are also much as you'd expect to find on a 7-series or an S-Class, too.

That's if we're all looking at the car, not the brand. I have nothing against the Lexus brand, and I think the IS is a perfectly decent car compared to a 3-series, a C-Class (which is great) and an A4... but at this price range, you can get a lot more car for your money than by going to the luxury marques.
    Last edited by niky; December 7th, 2010 at 11:39 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i agree with niky, the only 3 series i'd consider is the 335i or M3 but it's over priced here in the philippines. C-class is too bare naman for me unless C63 ang kunin mo. A4 looks great but i'd get the S60 over it, if i'm going to buy an audi i'd get an s5, rs4 sana kaso wala na.

pero if you're going to get the higher end models of audi, bmw and mb like the e/s-class 5/7 sereies, a8 or s models of audi then that's hard to compare to asian cars.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by France08 View Post
    i test drove the 3 series and is... how can you tell if its more fun to drive???
    You might need to test it on a racetrack or on winding roads (not advisiable here) to find that out. :lol:

If you're after comfort, might as well also check out the mid-size sedans which are roomier.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    if putting it to the limits is your definition of "fun to drive".. then buy an m3 or ISF.. not a 3 or IS..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    The IS300 is not included sa tariff cut!Same parin ang price nya since nung launch.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    hmm. Well if you're happy with your ride then that's a good thing. But if i were to buy a BMW 3 series, i'd take the M3.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    With a budget of 3M for a luxury compact, without a doubt the IS300 is a much better proposition compared to say, a 318.

Besides, someone considering a luxury compact sedan is probably going to use it as a daily self-driven car so there's more things to consider than better handling especially in Manila's extremely terrible road conditions.
    Last edited by ryan; December 7th, 2010 at 10:45 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    With a budget of 3M for a luxury compact, without a doubt the IS300 is a much better proposition compared to say, a 318.

Besides, someone considering a luxury compact sedan is probably going to use it as a daily self-driven car so there's more things to consider than better handling especially in Manila's extremely terrible road conditions.
    Thats the reason I suggested earlier, why not check out the P2.048M Subaru Legacu 2.5GT?

The AWD 265hp Legacy 2.5GT bridges the gap between the roomy V6 FWD family sedans (Camry, Accord, etc) and the more cramped compact premium/luxury sports sedans (IS, 3-series, C-class etc).
    Last edited by AG4; December 7th, 2010 at 11:21 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast