New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    (Peoples opinions are different so please respect my post)

Hi! just want to share.
    i just don't know why some people say that lexus is an overpriced toyota, in some instances people would say "dapat nag BMW kanalang"..
    if thats the case then, for me toyota beats 3 series..

reasons why? first of all.. tinanung ko mga kakilala ko why they bought their bmw? ...out of 14 people i asked, 13 dun ang sagot ay "BMW - gwapo"
    no offense sa ibang mga BMW owners, pero isn't it a bit biased...

i also had that dilemma.. but something in toyota lexus changed my mind...
    BMW 3series: nung nagvisit ako sa casa ng bmw, may nakaupong 3 agents walang ginagawa yet it took 10 mins para lang mapansin ako. kala siguro hinde ako serious buyer. at the end parang atat na atat na ulit makipag chat yung agent sa mga kasama nia at ayaw pa kunin ung susi para makita ko ung unit sa likod nung casa.

TL: bago palang ako nakatapak sa loob nung casa may nag greet na saking agent and they took me seriously

CARS: tinignan ko mga PROS nung IS300 and 3 Series
    BMW PROS:
    touch screen display with TV
    yung lang... medyo nakakabigla lang talga...

IS:
    v6 engine
    13 speakers
    AC sa rear
    6 in-dash player
    smoother ride (than 3)
    HID
    great cruise control.
    automatic memory seats
    AC sa leather seats
    better cargo space
    rare car to see XD

in other words natambakan. although medyo nakakaingit ung lcd but narealize ko for some safety reasons, a car is for driving and not watching

something i learned: DONT LOOK AT A CAR BY ITS BADGE, LOOK AT THE CAR ITSELF

if lexus is an over priced toyota.. then toyota wins my vote

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    REPOST

Hi! just want to share. 3m flat budget
    i just don't know why some people say that lexus is an overpriced toyota, in some instances people would say "dapat nag BMW kanalang"..

reasons why? first of all.. tinanung ko mga kakilala ko why they bought their bmw? ...out of 14 people i asked, 13 dun ang sagot ay "BMW - gwapo"

BMW 3series: nung nagvisit ako sa casa ng bmw, may nakaupong 3 agents walang ginagawa yet it took 10 mins para lang mapansin ako. kala siguro hinde ako serious buyer. at the end parang atat na atat na ulit makipag chat yung agent sa mga kasama nia at ayaw pa kunin ung susi para makita ko ung unit sa likod nung casa.

TL: bago palang ako nakatapak sa loob nung casa may nag greet na saking agent and they took me seriously

BMW PROS:

IS:
    v6 engine
    13 speakers
    AC sa rear
    6 in-dash player
    smoother ride (than 3)
    HID
    great cruise control.
    automatic memory seats
    AC sa leather seats
    better cargo space
    rare car to see XD

in other words natambakan. although medyo nakakaingit ung lcd but narealize ko for some safety reasons, a car is for driving and not watching

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by France08 View Post

Hi! just want to share.

BMW PROS:

IS:
    v6 engine
    13 speakers
    AC sa rear
    6 in-dash player
    smoother ride (than 3)
    HID
    great cruise control.
    automatic memory seats
    AC sa leather seats
    better cargo space
    rare car to see XD

If you want a sporty sedan with many standard features, you might want to also check out the AWD turbocharged Subaru Legacy 2.5GT.

IS vs 3-series, IS wins in terms of the standard features and lower price because its made in Asia(Japan).
    But I remember what the drift king, Keiichi Tsuchiya said... he said the BMW 320i was more fun to drive than the IS350 because it was naturally balanced (traction control and stability control turned off), no need for electronics to make it handle well.
    Thats what makes a BMW a BMW.
    Last edited by AG4; December 7th, 2010 at 05:15 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah the Europeans still make mechanically more fun to drive cars. The Japanese rely to much on electronics...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    wait 3 series dito sa philippines di pa HID and auto memory seats?

test drive both and see which would put a smile on your face, are you looking at the IS350 or IS250? IS300 kasi luma na yon, 350 and 250 ang bago. if IS350, i'd go with the lexus since i like the looks better than the 3 series and it has more features than the bmw your looking at.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    nope.. new 2010 model of LXS is IS300... with the day running LEDs and new front bumper...

i test drove the 3 series and is... how can you tell if its more fun to drive???
    i drove the bmw and i felt all the road bumps...
    i drove the IS and it was so smooth in the bumps..

XD i choose IS
    never regretted it since even with a 3 series beside it XXXDDD

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    yah i admit that LXS relies on its electronics... but whats the real meaning of fun to drive?

i test drove both and theres a lot of differences in road noise and ride comfort..
    and honestly i didn't have any badge biases... but come to think of it those electronics are there for a reason...

turn off traction control and stability?
    why would you even do that?<-------------- with all the accidents and traffic in manila

someday you'll have a family that you'll take in long drives etc etc etc
    you would just hoped those "electronics" were in your car...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Congrats, France! Is this the same car you bought?

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/i...010/december/3

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    YUP! never been happier... looks even more cool with the day running led and new sharper front bumper XD

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between the BMW 320d and Lexus IS300, I wouldn't choose either one.

For "slightly" over the price of the BMW 320d, I would choose the 2010 Volvo S60.

Article: http://www.motioncars.com/article.php?id=90

It is a much better car than the Lexus IS and BMW 3. For one thing, there is more space at the front AND back seats of the car. Equipped with AWD, it can very well on the road, even if the suspension is a bit softer for all out performance driving, it just means you will have a more comfy ride to your destination.

The T6 version has a turbocharged 3.0L 6cylinder engine producing over 300hp.

Added bonus are the safety aids including front radar which help in keeping you out of trouble.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast