New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Its a good decision I think. 200kpesos difference is a lot of money!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
    i guess it's too late. i think i would be satisfied with innova since i recently learned that montero can only accomodate 7 persons while innova can do 8. i need much capacity i can get. but i dont like settling with a pure can type like starex.
    Both Innova and Montero are seven seaters. You can make eight people ride in the Innova, in the same vein that you can also make eight people ride in the Montero. Yes, it's a little wider, but it's not as comfortable as the three-across seating in cars like the Carnival.

The Starex is a much better product than the Innova. The 2.5 TCi at 1.3m feels more solid in terms of build quality and has bigger, more comfortable seats and a turbodiesel 2.5. It's non CRDi so it's not as fuel efficient as the Innova D4D, but it's powerful enough to move that heavy van. Only issue is the ride is stiff. Possibly as stiff as the HiAce, but I haven't done long distance touring in it, yet. Gets better when loaded with passengers, though, like the HiAce. And it doesn't feel as "lata" as the HiAce.

Add more money and you get Hyundai's excellent CRDi engines and better appointments. It's a better family / city bus than any SUV. Of course... it's much more expensive than an Innova... so there is that one little problem... :hysterical:

-

Whatever you pick is whatever you pick. You're the only one who knows what best fits your lifestyle and needs. ;) Good luck on that purchase!
    Last edited by niky; January 27th, 2010 at 09:32 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    to TS, medyo mahirap ijustify yung situation lalo na at nakabili ka na. Best advice I can give you is one you decide, never look back. stick to what you have and enjoy it to the fullest. i'm sorry but from what i observed, you are in "sourgraping" mode.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    even if 200K pesos apart pa sila, for me, the MS would've been the better choice. from the stance, power, even in size... agree with Arbe.. the 3rd row ain't that bad. when our relatives go out of town in their 4x2 GLS, dito ako nakapwesto and i'm 5'9 it's not that bad at all. the coil springs did wonders sa ride comfort nya.

add another 100K and i can have a nice 4x4 toy SUV! also, the Innova has been around since 2005 where as the MS is a fresh face not more than 2 years old.

one relative owns an 05 Innova and they're happy with them rin naman.. puro kid-haulers ang main purpose kaya oks na oks for them.. haven't heard any complaints about it.

Enjoy na lang po the new ride! which variant did you get anyway? if ung new SR edition, post naman pics! looks good sa newspaper ads e

good morning!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I both own a MS and an Innova D4D. Alone I use the MS, for out of town trips and trips to the mall with the family I use the Innova. 3rd row seat comfort, Innova wins, cargo space also goes to Innova, headroom is too low for the MS. Power? I say I have to compare speed, between the 2 I'll bet on the Innova.

Long driving comfort, Innova.

Consumption, Innova gets me 10km/l city while MS is from 7-8 city.

If I have to choose one and money is not an issue I'll go with the Innova, considering I go for family comfort. Kung binata naman ako at gusto ko pumorma, MS ako.

So why did I buy the MS, the looks. Other than that Innova is a better choice with savings to boot.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Bat nyo naman nasabi na mas mabilis ang 2.5l MS GVT compared sa Innova 2l vvti? Sino ba sa inyo ang nakasubok na makipagharurutan ng Innova 2l? d nyo lang nasubukan ang limit ng Innova vvti gaano humatak kumpara sa mga diesel engine dito sa pinas.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by amil101578 View Post
    Bat nyo naman nasabi na mas mabilis ang 2.5l MS GVT compared sa Innova 2l vvti? Sino ba sa inyo ang nakasubok na makipagharurutan ng Innova 2l? d nyo lang nasubukan ang limit ng Innova vvti gaano humatak kumpara sa mga diesel engine dito sa pinas.
    Ilaban niyo nga po yung 2.0L VVT-i Innova sa Santa Fe R-eVGT. Or, sige, partida ... sa Tucson R-eVGT nalang.

Sorry po to break your belief, pero mabagal talaga yung Innova compared to the modern diesels, much worse, compared to OTHER gas-fed engines.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    y dont you get some of the deisel engine like navarra, monterro, fortuner, alterra etc... harurutan tayo!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Navara pa hinamon mo sir. It will eat you alive, definitely.

I've seen a Navara hitting 220kph easily ... kahit Innova D4D, naghihingalo na sa kahahabol. haha.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hehehehe.. Last time I checked my Santa Fe R-eVGT hit 100km/h around 7 seconds

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Toyota Innova VS Montero Sport