New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    hey guys,

first of all, im aware that both aren't the same class. I opened this thread because i want to know if i made the right decision choosing Innova. Do you know the main purpose of each vehicle? my purpose is just to have a family car, of course with much room space. And the reason why i didnt choose montero is because i have test driven crosswind and i dont like it and i know it has the same height as montero.

Thanks for any comments!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Why would you compare the Montero which is a full-bred SUV with the AUV crosswind? They are totally different cars, the Montero has a coil spring suspension (sweet ride), a powerful CRDI Diesel Engine, Dual Airbags, 4-Star EuroNCAP crash safety rating and Electronic ABS/ 4-Wheel EBD. The Crosswind has none of those. The Innova has the annoying split-type 3rd row seats which limits cargo room when loading large and wide balikbayan boxes or a 42" LCD TV. The Montero has the fold-flat seats on the 3rd and 2nd row so you can haul more. The styling of the Montero is better with a blend of a "2011 Lincoln MKX" on the front and "Audi Q7" at the back. My cousins agree with me that the Innova styling is more for a soccer mom... but it works for others.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
    hey guys,

first of all, im aware that both aren't the same class. I opened this thread because i want to know if i made the right decision choosing Innova. Do you know the main purpose of each vehicle? my purpose is just to have a family car, of course with much room space. And the reason why i didnt choose montero is because i have test driven crosswind and i dont like it and i know it has the same height as montero.

Thanks for any comments!
    why you didn't like it?

well,mas marami makakasakay sa innova but montero sport is way better than innova in terms of power,speed and has much comfortable ride than innova... mas maganda ang suspension ng montero kaysa sa innova..but innova is better than crosswind though.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Montero Sport.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    i compared the two because both are family car, meaning they can accomodate more than 5 persons.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i compared the two because both are family car, meaning they can accomodate more than 5 persons.
    yes both of them can accommodate more than 5 persons, I think the innova can accommodate more than 7 but MS has many advantages in almost all aspects..

sportivo and MS are TOTALLY DIFFERENT.. It's just like comparing apples and oranges..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    my purpose is just to have a family car, of course with much room space. And the reason why i didnt choose montero is because i have test driven crosswind and i dont like it and i know it has the same height as montero.

Thanks for any comments!
    Innova might be your car of your choice, for a family car-wagon.....

If you would like speed, power and sporty look - id go for Montero Sport

if I am not mistaken there is just a slight difference on the height of Innova, Crosswind and Montero.... kasi if you also have an Innova, medyo mataas sya at maninibago ka coz you can hardly see the hood; if you came from being a car driver.... this is what I just noticed....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    my money would go to the montero sport.
    And the reason why i didnt choose montero is because i have test driven crosswind and i dont like it and i know it has the same height as montero.
    you mean to say you test drove a crosswind but you didn't do a test drive on the montero??

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    my money would go to the montero sport.

you mean to say you test drove a crosswind but you didn't do a test drive on the montero??
    Correct!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    Innova might be your car of your choice, for a family car-wagon.....

If you would like speed, power and sporty look - id go for Montero Sport

if I am not mistaken there is just a slight difference on the height of Innova, Crosswind and Montero.... kasi if you also have an Innova, medyo mataas sya at maninibago ka coz you can hardly see the hood; if you came from being a car driver.... this is what I just noticed....
    Well, I have been driving a sedan for 6 years and i drove toyota sienna (in US) for 3 mos. the sienna was fine. I didn't have problem with parking despite of its size because Americans are well disciplined when it comes to driving, parking etc.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Toyota Innova VS Montero Sport