New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by torque&pepper View Post
    Surely, malayo ang difference nila sa power sir. Pero pag sakay ko mga babies ko, even my Advie's power is passable. I become a driving chicken. Relative kasi ang ride comfort so ang hirap i-quantify. Nasakyan ko pa lang as passenger aside from my Advie are: current gen Altis, Montero, new-Gen Xtrail (15 minutes test drive). So as long as which between Fort or Innova is closer sa ride comfort ng Altis or Xtrail, du'n na ako. The Montero I rode on was rather bumpy, but still smoother than my Advie.
    The Innova has better comfort given you keep tyre pressures at 30-33psi. If you traverse bad roads often, of course the ride comfort shifts in favor of the Fort. Another consideration though is the crash safety of a Fortuner and Innova; that's one big consideration for me and my family (although both don't have really stellar crash perfomance based on what i see on the highways).

We have both cars in the family garage (a 2010 Innova G and a 2015 Fortuner G); we've been Innova owners since 2005 (we've had three units - two G a/ts and a J) and any day, i'd get the Fortuner especially with the narrowing price difference between the two (SRP 1.2M vs. 1.3M++). The additional power doesn't mean you'll be driving fast, it however makes for an easier and more stress-free long drive in my case.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    * vinj: enlightening insight sir...thanks. To be candid I was leaning on the innova due to its space and comfort but the fortuner wasn't so tight inside either. At any rate, there is more reward holding on a bit since Toyota may give more discounts when the new gens will be launched.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Good time to buy an Innova,- they are offering good discounts these days.

One of my siblings has the order on queue for the end of the month....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.2K _/_/_/_/_/:horse:_/_/_/_/_/

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It is advisable to buy cars or vehicles near the end of each quarter (March, June, September, December). Car salesman offer big discounts as they are trying to reach or exceed their sales quota.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by torque&pepper View Post
    * vinj: enlightening insight sir...thanks. To be candid I was leaning on the innova due to its space and comfort but the fortuner wasn't so tight inside either. At any rate, there is more reward holding on a bit since Toyota may give more discounts when the new gens will be launched.
    If you can play the waiting game then do so. I was in a similar position some time ago as i was waiting for the Hilux to discount when the new one was launched. True enough they offered up to 60K on the unit i was considering, but now were planning on getting the new model instead.

The Innova is a good all-around car but if its in within your means, the Fortuner will be more rewarding.

* CVT, ano na ibibili mo?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yehey! I'll be picking up my new Innova G 2.5 A/T later today. Tentative arrival was next week but the sales guy somehow managed to scare up a unit for me. It arrived at the dealer last night and they'll need the whole day today to pamper and prep it (window tints, spare tire lock, etc.)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It is advisable to buy cars or vehicles near the end of each quarter (March, June, September, December). Car salesman offer big discounts as they are trying to reach or exceed their sales quota.
    December especially. Year end quota na ang habol nila dyan

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Yehey! I'll be picking up my new Innova G 2.5 A/T later today. Tentative arrival was next week but the sales guy somehow managed to scare up a unit for me. It arrived at the dealer last night and they'll need the whole day today to pamper and prep it (window tints, spare tire lock, etc.)
    Congrats on your new ride!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Ako din mga boss nalilito kung Innova G o Fortuner G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Congrats on your new ride!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Innova for me is the best value for money. Better legroom and headroom for all seats and comfort wise it is mich better than the Fort. Plus maintenance is a little cheaper.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast