New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Greetings! I've owned an Adventure since 2009 and did not care about its limitations as to speed or agricultural looks, but after my wife gave birth to our twins, I quickly realized the tight space, tagtag and noise in the cabin.

My budget ceiling would be the Fortuner G AT (diesel). Main considerations are:
    1. Ability to comfortably fit 7 people (twins, wife, yayas);
    2. Stability in highway runs (from Isabela to Manila travel);
    3. Riding comfort;
    4. Relatively silent cabin;
    5. Adequate power; and
    6. Available discounts?

I chose Toyota because their casa is near us. I'm not particular about diesel or gas variants but I see that on paper, diesels have more torque. I need your opinions since there is no way I can test drive these vehicles nor have I any first hand experience in riding one.

I have also considered the MUX but i got turned off with the 3% D.I., I've considered vans but they seem too cumbersome. I'm not keen on buying second hands.

Thank you in advance for your inputs!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Innova rides much better compared to the fortuner

Innova 3rd row seats much better than the fortuner

I like the gas better than the diesel because of the vibration and engine noise of the diesel.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ agree. Mas bagay ang innova

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    innova din ako
    cheaper to buy
    cheaper to maintain
    a lot better than your adventure
    * next purchase na lang po kayo mag level up sa fortuner

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Pag Innova, no need for the G model, the E would suffice for me.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    eto rin dilemna ko 2 months ago. innova g dsl and fort g dsl. price difference of 200k. pero after lurking sa mga dealers mas nagustuhan ko yung fort. sa looks pa lang panalo na.hehe and may Wow factor effect kasi lalo na pang relatives mo ang nakakita. no regrets so far. para sa akin go sa fort pero nasayo pa rin yan basta happy ka sa ride mo in the next 5-7 yrs.

- fort and innova kaya ang 7 people
    - break in ko ng fort sa baguio. lakas ng hatak lalo na sa highway
    3. Riding comfort;
    - no complaints naman sa mga sakay ko. nakaka tulog sila pag long drive
    - silent in way. may sounds ka naman. pero yung vibration ng diesel cympre andun pa din.
    5. Adequate power; and
    - walang bitin kahit automatic pa yan
    6. Available discounts?
    - bigger discounts pag may release date na ang new fort.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by torque&pepper View Post
    Greetings! I've owned an Adventure since 2009 and did not care about its limitations as to speed or agricultural looks, but after my wife gave birth to our twins, I quickly realized the tight space, tagtag and noise in the cabin.

3. Riding comfort;
    5. Adequate power; and
    6. Available discounts?

I chose Toyota because their casa is near us. I'm not particular about diesel or gas variants but I see that on paper, diesels have more torque. I need your opinions since there is no way I can test drive these vehicles nor have I any first hand experience in riding one.

I have also considered the MUX but i got turned off with the 3% D.I., I've considered vans but they seem too cumbersome. I'm not keen on buying second hands.

i would still go for the Fort due to the higher ground clearance. although comfort wise, Innova ako.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by torque&pepper View Post

3. Riding comfort;
    5. Adequate power; and
    6. Available discounts?

i would still go for the Fort due to the higher ground clearance. although comfort wise, Innova ako.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Kung comfort ang main consideration sir, sa Innova ang boto ko.

Innova pros
    - dahil mas mababa, mas madaling sumakay at bumaba.
    - 3rd row space and seating is way much more comfortable; can even fit 3 adults decently.
    - sure ako na kasya ang strollers ng mga anak mo sa likod nang kahit na nakababa yung 3rd row seats.
    Innova cons
    - dahil mas mababa, mas madaling abutin ng baha.
    - less powerful. ----> Pero for me, it's just enough. Given the speed limits, stupid drivers and people on the road, traffic condition, and of course your wife and kids aboard, I don't think I can make use of a "powerful" car.
    - less porma, less macho

Fortuner
    - matagtag, as in. kala ko matigas lang yung gulong ko pero nung chineck ko, 30psi lang.
    - more powerful
    - mas maporma, mas macho.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yung ride comfort level ng innova is better than yung civic namin.
    Less power than the fortuner? If they shared the same 2.5 engine di hamak na mas mabigat ang fort kesa innova.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    Yung ride comfort level ng innova is better than yung civic namin.
    Less power than the fortuner? If they shared the same 2.5 engine di hamak na mas mabigat ang fort kesa innova.
    I think they do not, currently, bro....

Old diesel engine ang Innova,- 100HP or something (is that correct?) vs. the VNT diesel engine ng Fortuner - 144 HP, 344Nmeter.....

Not sure though about the power to weight ratio or even the torque to weight ratio....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.1K _/_/_/_/_/:cow:_/_/_/_/_/

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast