New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hello Sir / Madam,

I'm non expert when it comes to car comparison. I just need your inputs between the two variants... I know the price difference between the two is somehow big. I'll be needing the MPV as a family vehicle.

What are the advantages of getting 2.8 G M/T?
    Is maintenance cost for the diesel engine is high compared to gasoline?

I have not yet visited a dealer to see the difference between the two models. Please share with me your inputs. Your ideas will be a great help for me to make my decision.

Thanks and more power!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Pareho namang diesel ang comparison mo ah? Features lang pinagkaiba ng E sa G. Check mo brochure kung ano difference. Pero ok na ang specs ng E for me

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartbuddy View Post
    Hello Sir / Madam,

I'm non expert when it comes to car comparison. I just need your inputs between the two variants... I know the price difference between the two is somehow big. I'll be needing the MPV as a family vehicle.

What are the advantages of getting 2.8 G M/T?
    Is maintenance cost for the diesel engine is high compared to gasoline?

I have not yet visited a dealer to see the difference between the two models. Please share with me your inputs. Your ideas will be a great help for me to make my decision.

Thanks and more power!
    the main advantages, to me, of the diesel over the gas variant, are:"
    1. diesel fuel expenses are cheaper than gasoline.
    2. diesel engines hardly need any regular maintenance. i have two previous-gen diesel innovas, with a combined mileage of 150K km. aside from the usual wear and tear, i haven't had to replace anything from the engines yet. the naysayers say diesel engines cost an arm and a leg to repair... well, that may be true, but i haven't needed to repair them, yet.

i don't know the km/li values of the new engines. you'll have to do the computations.

why do some buyers prefer gas?
    well, they are really quieter than diesel, and also less vibrations daw.
    and gas engines spew out less air pollution than diesels.
    acceleration? i don't know. racing a big vehicle like an innova, just doesn't seem... right.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i just heard the tail-end of the news. diesel fuel is about to increase in price, and overshoot the gasoline's. and car prices are increasing soon...??
    ...have to verify what i heard, but...
    i think i'll buy myself an altis now...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Pareho namang diesel ang comparison mo ah? Features lang pinagkaiba ng E sa G. Check mo brochure kung ano difference. Pero ok na ang specs ng E for me

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk
    Hi Sir DCT.

Thank you for the reply. Actually, I'm now trying to download the spec sheet in the net unfortunately naka block dito sa office ang mga related sa transportation site... i need to download it at home for comparison.

Smartbuddy

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the main advantages, to me, of the diesel over the gas variant, are:"
    1. diesel fuel expenses are cheaper than gasoline.
    2. diesel engines hardly need any regular maintenance. i have two previous-gen diesel innovas, with a combined mileage of 150K km. aside from the usual wear and tear, i haven't had to replace anything from the engines yet. the naysayers say diesel engines cost an arm and a leg to repair... well, that may be true, but i haven't needed to repair them, yet.

i don't know the km/li values of the new engines. you'll have to do the computations.

why do some buyers prefer gas?
    well, they are really quieter than diesel, and also less vibrations daw.
    and gas engines spew out less air pollution than diesels.
    acceleration? i don't know. racing a big vehicle like an innova, just doesn't seem... right.
    Hi Dr. D,

Thank you for the nice inputs... appreciate it. Your inputs will be considered in deciding which variant I will get.

Thanks again.

Smartbuddy

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    i just heard the tail-end of the news. diesel fuel is about to increase in price, and overshoot the gasoline's. and car prices are increasing soon...??
    I hope dr. D this is not true coz this will be my first time to get a diesel engine vehicle... maybe the car prices will be affected by the additional excise tax being proposed in the congress now.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartbuddy View Post
    I hope dr. D this is not true coz this will be my first time to get a diesel engine vehicle... maybe the car prices will be affected by the additional excise tax being proposed in the congress now.
    i woke up, to catch the last statements over the radio news.
    i thought i was having a nightmare, as "it was too bad to be true"... heh heh.
    all these years, the fuel savings kept me to the diesel's side. but now...
    anyway, i've always liked the new altis... MT or AT..?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Malabo yata mangyari yan kasi from raw material na crude oil, refineries as their name implies refines crude oil in various stages at di hamak na mas konti ang stages para maging diesel kesa sa proseso para maging gasoline. So mas madaming proseso mas mahal, at mas konti proseso mas mura.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    Malabo yata mangyari yan kasi from raw material na crude oil, refineries as their name implies refines crude oil in various stages at di hamak na mas konti ang stages para maging diesel kesa sa proseso para maging gasoline. So mas madaming proseso mas mahal, at mas konti proseso mas mura.
    Unless they slap ADO with outrageous taxes.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast