New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hello i just wanted to seek you opinion on these two cars i will be using it for taking the kids to school i will also use it for an alternative to my MB100 which i use everyday

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Unless the Starex will be of the CVX, HVX or Gold variant I'd always pick the GL/Super Grandia Hi-Ace over it.

So ayun, HiAce gets my vote.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    if i were to get the starex would the cvx premium in standout motors be appropriate already compared to the HVX

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, if you are not very particular with the features, the CVX will be more than fine. But then again, the CVX is already quite well spec'd already especially if it is the CVX Premium.

Between the Hiace and the Starex TCI, I believe it will be depending on your requirements. The Starex is definitely more comfortable, and the TCI engine costs less to maintain. If you need a bit more power, then go for the Hiace.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    starex ako. even better if it's the VGT.

pero none the less I value greatly the starex' engine virtue of being located in front rather than having a under the seat placement.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Starex ako, pero wag lang galing sa HARI.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Starex is more comfortable if you'll be utilizing it as a 5-8 passenger carrier. I find the max passenger configuration (12 seater) a little on the tight side.

If you want pure space then go for the Grandia. So far its the closest to the MB100 in terms of volume (but still not as comfy as the MB100). We have a Grandia GL and the power and FC is more than adequate on our highways and up in the mountains (i'd still get 10km/L on our Baguio trips even with a heavy foot and traffic). Our gripes with the Grandia is the poor rear seat comfort on long trips, it has no rear windows, it doesnt fit some malls with low garage heights, and you get steel rims even after paying out more than 1.5M for that van.

Hows the power of the current TCI Starex? Our old Intercooler Starex a/t already had quite a task to carry before (the Toyota D4d on the Hiace definitely outclassed it).

toyota hiace GL grandia or hyundai grandstarex TCI manual