New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Both are fine vehicles but Carnival is more practical.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    Ang lakas mang asar!
    Hahaha... just trying to keep things in perspective.

While, yes, they do follow Toyota quality standards, the interior materials and build of the Fortuner is a far cry from the CBU RAV4. All you have to do is drive both back to back to see for yourself, eh. From that viewpoint, I don't expect the interior to be any more durable than that of the Tucson.

-------

The RAV4 is a great car... drives very well, very luxurious... but it's also expensive. The CR-V, IMHO, is the best value for money Compact SUV out there... some people complain the rear bench is a little flat and slippery, but the CR-V's combination of ride, handling, power and fuel economy make it one of the most practical gasoline powered vehicles on the market.

If you want the most metal for the money... 900k nalang ang Ford Escape. Very comfortable... not the most fuel efficient, but not as bad as some people say.

--------

The Carnival looks great, seats a lot of people... I'm just wary of the fuel consumption of that hulking big 2.9 liter engine. If you're not always carrying six to eight people, it might not be for you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

If you want the most metal for the money... 900k nalang ang Ford Escape. Very comfortable... not the most fuel efficient, but not as bad as some people say.
    wow..ganun na lang ba kababa ngayon? But this price is not reflected in magazines or even in their web site.. the 2.0 cvvt tucson su at 933K (monotone)is already a good deal (for me) pero kung 900k ang escape, it's even worth considering too...

Btw, baka daw mag taas na ang price ng tucson this march or after march..that's according to the SA at Hyundai Dagupan. pati daw yung 5 year warranty nila eh baka mawala na rin.(kaya nangungulit na sila na sana kumuha na ang gustong kumuha this feb). But don't take my word for it though..confirm nyo lang.

Sir Niky or anyone- saan makikita yung latest (and updated) prices ng Ford (escape)? Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can ask at the dealership. Alam ko somewhere in the 900 region, basta below 1m.

It's a very nice, very comfortable car. Not very fuel efficient, but the new drive-by-wire throttle should make it more fuel efficient than the old one... from what I've seen with new drive-by-wire vehicles, the system does make a difference in fuel economy, especially in stop-and-go situations. There's some lag compared to regular throttle-cable systems, but that's a small price to pay.

Besides... the old CR-V was just as bad as the old Escape. The reason I recommend the new 2 liter CR-V is because it's so much better than either.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    so the new CRV improved on the FC... my bro's other car (CRV) is such a guzzler that they rarely use it now, kaya they plan to replace the aging civic. also, he is fed up with the service of Honda. the old Escape was also a guzzler, it's a good thing they improved on it too.
    Right now, the Rav4 is the favorite choice. They will test drive the Kia carnival, Hyundai tucson, toyota fort and rav4 this week.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Take note... the improvement in the Escape isn't as big as the improvement with the CRV. With the Escape, they've used a new throttle system and programming to maximize the efficiency of the old engine. On the CR-V 2.0, they've built an entirely new engine (R20, based on the excellent R18 of the Civic) that's inherently more fuel efficient than the old K20.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    The discounted escape now costs 999K although sa March pa daw darating mga stocks at unahan pa daw...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    The discounted escape now costs 999K although sa March pa daw darating mga stocks at unahan pa daw...
    laki nag discount ha...yon 2.0 focus gasoline magkano kya ngayon...tempting hehehe...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    the problem with escape is that it's slow as hell aside from the fact that it's a guzzler. hehe.

we played with one sa Batangas. It takes forever to reach 100kmh. Mas ok pa yung everest, ang bilis not to mention mas matipid yun.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Pero di naman made-in-Japan ang Fortuner... made-in-Thailand yun...
    pasok na pasok ostrich mode agad yung mga toyota fanbois :bwahaha:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Toyota Fortuner VVTi or Hyundai Tucson....