New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Maybe the 2.5 4X2 ain't that bad in terms of performance. It's D4-D anyway, so it just might be at par with the 2nd gen Pajero 2.5.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trader
    Let's just say that I drive a fast car and this behemouth is no slouch. It is amazing how this thing pulls. The tall gearing means it is no dragster but it will outrun a lot of vehicles on the highway. I even managed to threaten a couple of cars on the SLEX Remember that's a whole lot of torque and HP for an SUV this size in this country. Maybe not as nimble as a CRV but definitely faster than a Trooper. Speedometer may be optimistic though, mind you, as it seems to pickup speed too fast that even I can't believe it can perform that well.
    that's good enough review for me. thanks. I also happen to drive a 1st gen CRV.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    trader:

guess I'll just have to w8 for my unit....

when did you reserved your unit and where?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_pmc
    Trader: bro thnx for the infos. how responsive is the 2.7G? parang 1st gen crv b? or same sa mga revo 2.0?
    the 2.7G should be more responsive than the revo 2.0 because of the VVTi and with higher torque specs

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We are planning to buy Toyota Fortuner this month I just want to have some expert opinion which is a better buy a 2.5 4x2 or 3.0 4x4? we'll be using it often for city driving, how bout the fuel consumption? malakas ba fuel consumption sa 3.0 or halos no diff with 2.5?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We are planning to buy Toyota Fortuner this month I just want to have some expert opinion which is a better buy a 2.5 4x2 or 3.0 4x4? we'll be using it often for city driving, how bout the fuel consumption? malakas ba fuel consumption sa 3.0 or halos no diff with 2.5?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    With mainly city driving, you are better off with the 2.5li. In city and traffic conditions, the 2.5 li has better fuel consumption rate compared to the 3.0li. In highways, the 2.5 li still has the edge.

The 2.5 li has some serious inherent defects with it, so are you willing to take the risk? See this thread for more details:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23197

Another useful resources on Fortuners in the Philippines:

http://www.fortunerclub.net.ph/

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stay away from the 2.5 d4d. It has a measly 102 HP.

It's best you go for the 3.0 d4d (163 HP) or the 2.7 vvt-i (160 HP).

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Bry
    is horse power a real concern when city driving?

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by joms23
    Bry
    is horse power a real concern when city driving?
    In this day and age of rising fuel consumption, the 2.5 li will really help you save a $ignificant amount of money in the long run. With Manila's traffic, even a 1.1li is sufficient to navigate through the congestion. More horses mean bigger engine displacement which in turns means higher fuel consumption.

Btw, If you read the comments from owners using the 2.5li engine, most of them claim it is sufficient for their needs (which is city driving).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Toyota Fortuner 2.5 4x2 or 3.0 4x4? [Merged]