New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Told my dad yesterday about the upcoming 2.5l d4d model of the fortuner...
    and that toyota is now accpting reservations for that variant (cause the 3.0 4x4 waiting time is too long..).. So he went to toyota later that afternoon..

When i talked to my dad this morning, he said that the sales agent told him that there would be a 3.0 d4d 4x2..... "what??" i don't know if I'll believe it or not...

So the question is, Would there be a 4x2 3.0 d4d variant according to that Toyota sales agent??? Is he telling the truth kaya or just fooling my dad...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I phoned up all the Toyota branches, almost all of them said that it will have the 2.5 diesel engine. This is the exact reason why I am going to cancel my reservation! (I'm 2nd in line in Toyota Balintawak!)

We just got an Innova as our family car last week. It's a good minivan but I don't think I would want my personal SUV to be that underpowered (The Innova and the 4x2 diesel Fortuner WILL share the same powerplant). Wait 4-6 months for 102 HP? No thanks.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Toyota should have realease a 3.0 D4D 4x2 , Not an underpowered 102 hp 2.5 D4D.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep.....2.5 D4D w/o intercooler is underpowered for a 4x2 AT fortuner....baka pag manual pa cguro eh...

FS: 2002 Mitsu Adventure Super Sport - see url
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/auto-classif...p?product=1160

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Okay lang sana if it was a little underpowered. But 102 HP vs. 163 HP is simply ridiculous.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here we go again... speculations galore. Like the much heated debate if the 4x2 Fortuner will be introduced here in the Philippines.

The agent that I last spoke to said: "Nothing is final yet until the specifications arrive."

Let's just wait for the real deal to come along.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    yepp confirmed it kanina. we went to Toyota this afternoon to place our reservation...

and yes ung innova engine nga ung nsa 4x2 d4d... ang liit nung engine!!!

So my dad decided to get the 2.7 VVTi nalang... maganda naman ang gasoline engines ng Toyota kesa sa Diesel nila. Isuzu no.1 dun e... we got to start it pa sa "Stock room" nila, and it was really quiet.. I think the GAs version is really worth it if your not gonna use din naman the 4x4... kaso september pa daw makukuha, and worst case scenario would be november... pwede nadin.. got the Grey one.

And one more thing, nung una inooffer pa kme nung package nila!!! if kunnen daw namain ung 3.0 nila with 120k Rims,and the 80k dvd system.. whoa!! D naH! nagin 1.7m na ung 3.0! natawa nlang ako eh.. sabi ko, "totoo nga ung sabi sa forums!!**

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsk tsk tsk grabe ang fortuner...

120K na rims??? anong rims yun?
    tapos 80K for DVD option?

sa 1.7M bibili na lang ako ng pre-owned LC100

pero sa tanong mo masyadong pathetic ang 2.5D4D sa fortuner

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    wilcats -- saang dealer yan para ma iwasan nga, hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, Marantz is from Toyota Makati. at least medyo alaga tayo dun. ;)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Toyota Fortuner 2.5 4x2 or 3.0 4x4? [Merged]