New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sobrang layo ng quality ng Toyota sa Hyundai. Either Fortuner, Montero or like what they said, pickups like Ranger, Strada, or Hi-lux but never a Hyundai. Ang pangit daw ng after sales service as per other threads here in tsikot forum

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Pang araw araw naman pala, Santa Fe na.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    Sobrang layo ng quality ng Toyota sa Hyundai. Either Fortuner, Montero or like what they said, pickups like Ranger, Strada, or Hi-lux but never a Hyundai. Ang pangit daw ng after sales service as per other threads here in tsikot forum
    still living in the 90's i see.:bwahaha: don't own a hyundai but i'd rather own a santa fe than your precious fortuner or montero. more comfy, better features, more power, better handling, basically a much much better car than fort or montero. the only advantage of fort and montero over the santa fe is the ride height and off road capability but everything else the santa fe wins. after sales service depende naman yan kung san casa ka papa service pero i've heard more horror stories from toyota and mitsubishi than hyundai.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    As with foresterx said, it's a bad comparison. Purchasers of FJ Cruisers are those who love to off-road. Think elevation, dirt trails, rocks. On the otherhand, the Santa Fe's a city cruiser. Think RAV4, CRV, BGC (hehehe).

It is hard to quantify performance. Performance in terms of what? Acceleration? Top Speed?

If it's an everyday car, I'll snap up the Sta. Fe anytime. Any elevated SUV is "better" in floods compared to sedans anyway..and it's not like you wade floodwaters on an everyday basis. The benefits of this is that.. well, the eVGT engine of the Sta. Fe is simply a jewel. If you come from a gas engine, the most apparent response will be a great low-end engine response thanks to the torque figures at the low-band.

Interior, the Sta. Fe is in its own league versus the FJ Cruiser. Build quality of FJs is much like that of the older-generation Sta. Fe with plastics all around (which the FJ needs since it's literally built to withstand harsh environments), the Sta. Fe on the otherhand has soft-touch plastics scattered around.

Suspension-wise, you'll literally roll more with the FJ Cruiser. If your idea is to run 120km/h on the highways, the Sta. Fe will feel more stable and safe versus the FJ.

Bottom-line: Do you live in the city? Sta. Fe. Do you actually do off-road? FJ.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    As with foresterx said, it's a bad comparison. Purchasers of FJ Cruisers are those who love to off-road. Think elevation, dirt trails, rocks. On the otherhand, the Santa Fe's a city cruiser. Think RAV4, CRV, BGC (hehehe).

It is hard to quantify performance. Performance in terms of what? Acceleration? Top Speed?

If it's an everyday car, I'll snap up the Sta. Fe anytime. Any elevated SUV is "better" in floods compared to sedans anyway..and it's not like you wade floodwaters on an everyday basis. The benefits of this is that.. well, the eVGT engine of the Sta. Fe is simply a jewel. If you come from a gas engine, the most apparent response will be a great low-end engine response thanks to the torque figures at the low-band.

Interior, the Sta. Fe is in its own league versus the FJ Cruiser. Build quality of FJs is much like that of the older-generation Sta. Fe with plastics all around (which the FJ needs since it's literally built to withstand harsh environments), the Sta. Fe on the otherhand has soft-touch plastics scattered around.

Suspension-wise, you'll literally roll more with the FJ Cruiser. If your idea is to run 120km/h on the highways, the Sta. Fe will feel more stable and safe versus the FJ.

Bottom-line: Do you live in the city? Sta. Fe. Do you actually do off-road? FJ.
    actually i really like the santa fe, because of the engine and features.

but with the price of 1.78M for the 4x4 4.0L V6 FJ cruiser this coming october, medyo nahilo ako doon....kapresyo na nya ang santa fe 4x2...

nabasa ko din kasi sa reviews yung FJ cruiser maganda din sa city driving, but medyo alanganin ako sa 2nd row space nya kasi masikip daw

still can't decide =(

FJ cruiser
    pros: better for occasional flood, price is good, better cargo space, specs are almost same as land cruiser prado, built in japan so i think better quality, can wash interior without messing the wires.
    cons: masmatakaw sa gas, cramped 2nd row space, less features like back up camera and touch screen monitor. last model na, iphaphase out na. may mga blind spot daw sa pag drive kasi maliit mga windows.

Santa Fe:
    pros: i think better driving sa city, masmatipid sa gas, masmadami features
    cons: masnakakatakot idrive sa flood, and some say pangit ang warranty services ng hyundai, 3rd row wala gaano kwenta kasi maliit lang din.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ parang ang labo naman na problem mo pa yung maliit na 3rd row ng santa fe. kasi wala namang 3rd row ang fj cruiser

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    napaka tagtag..at lakas sa gas ng fj cruiser...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi malakas sa gas ang santa fe, DIESEL e.

i had driven my ex-mistress gen 2 santa fe in floods higher than 1/2 wheel height many times (our old subdivision, we don't live there anymore, and at espana in front of UST before they made the road higher), crossed a flooded street with onrushing water above the wheel once (del monte avenue lapit, duns a laging binabaha), and crossed a "dip" on the road with rushing water almost to the hood (m.h. del pilar in quezon city). i just cleaned the engine bay with a pressure washer afterwards (baho nung tubig baha kasi) and washed the aircon filter. nasira lang talaga siya nung ondoy, lampas sa transformer ng meralco yung tubig dun sa old house namin e. for regular flood fording you can always waterproof the electricals if you want to, extra gastos lang nga. silicon lang katapat nyan.
    Last edited by yebo; August 21st, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Dmax pa din ako.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    To the TS, I see that your confused because the FJ cruiser, an esteemed off-roader is priced at the 1.8M level. My suggestion, don't look at the price, see what you need more. If you need higher ground clearance without regard for space, FJ cruiser it is. For everyday use and can seat 5 adults plus 2 kids, get the Santa Fe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast