New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Guys!

I'm planning to sell one of our current SUVs next year and would like to change it for a sedan.

I am really drooling over the new Camry but I saw an ad in the newspaper about the new 320d. I know it is more expensive than the Camry but I am also considering getting a diesel-fed car for fuel economy and I think the 320d is an excellent choice.

Sulit kaya if we'll consider the 320d over the Camry 2.4V?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    with the price difference of the 320d to the 2.4V camry, it'll take a really really long time to get back the fuel savings. mas ok pa siguro if its 3.5Q to the 320d pero since 2.6m+ pa ata yun 320d then 600k pa rin un. u buy the 320d not for the fuel economy but for the monstrous torque that it can give, but if i were you i'd get the 2.4 camry or better yet the 3.5L camry.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi, i work for bmw autozentrum alabang... months ago, my thoughts would be something like this...: o **** id take a camry 2.4v 2.4 g over any bmws, wow what the heck, a 116 for 1.6 mil? are they crazy?

but after getting to know the cars at close, studying them 1 by 1, having the experience to drive them.... damn.. id take even a 116 over a camry...

you see, there is something very special with these cars, they may not look so exciting on paper but damn when you drive one of them? you will instantly fall in love with the car.... im not saying all this crap because i work at bmw, a bmw is rather best experienced than explained....

on your part buddy, a 320d is a way BETTER choice than a camry.. i have nothing bad to say against a camry , damn its a great car... but after 3-5 years? come on.. its just another camry... my dad purchased a camry about 3 yrs ago for around 1.4+ m... shox and it only cost about 700k+ now? 2nd hand? god.. thats crazy... treat cars like an investment... not a way to loose money.. i suggest you test drive a bmw... no harm done in doing one.. infact id be happy to bring the car at your place and demo it for you hehehe...

just my 2 cents :D

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i agree with sir gsgph..iba talaga bmw, d k masisisi..ok talaga handling..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    plus its in FR layout... Yummy... hehehehe...
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 320d handles better than the 3.5 V6 Camry. Yes, it's slower, but it's not slow. Diesel torque is always fun in traffic.

Like GSGPH has said... nothing that costs this much can be considered an investment. Basically, you're pampering yourself. It's just up to you how much you think you're worth. In other words, are you giving yourself a 2m peso gift, or a 2.5m peso gift?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    but what if..for the most part..it will be driven by the family driver? any thoughts?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by capt joe View Post
    but what if..for the most part..it will be driven by the family driver? any thoughts?
    Camry. Pag mga 3series mostly hindi driver. 5 and 7series lang nagpapa-driver.

Pareho namang gwapo eh, pero ung Camry mas malapad kaya mas ok. Mas mukhang mahal hehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota Camry 2.4V or BMW 320d