plus the alpahard have a 3.5 v6 engine for the higher variant
    which hve all the amenites like power sliding door
    lazy boy chair it look like ur in the living room or hotel on wheels
    there is also an economical version with 2.4 inline 4 engine but
    it seats more but you don;t get the 2nd row captains seats

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hoover View Post
    Niky, that's the thing. The price difference is quite substantial. Between the Alphard and the Starex, Id go for the latter because of seating capacity without giving up too much in terms of overall size. Plus it's diesel. And that's a huge plus.

But if you prefer gas, and considering how cheap gas is currently, then the E150 would be a good choice as well given its price. Powerful engine too.

Hard to decide.
    If you want minimum fuss... TCI Starex, 1.3m. A-Toys bubble-top VIP build, another 1m. Still get the benefit of diesel, minus the direct injection system... which means fewer worries if you have to diesel up at some ratty, crappy old gas station out in the province.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Niky, that's the thing. The price difference is quite substantial. Between the Alphard and the Starex, Id go for the latter because of seating capacity without giving up too much in terms of overall size. Plus it's diesel. And that's a huge plus.

But if you prefer gas, and considering how cheap gas is currently, then the E150 would be a good choice as well given its price. Powerful engine too.

Hard to decide.
    I have the older E150 (2005) and it really is spacious and has a very powerful engine. It drinks petrol but when your around 10 people full you hardly feel the vehicle struggle. If you are not a hauler and don't travel much with a lot of passengers then the Alphard is for you. I had the chance to use an Alphard for about 4 months last 2013 and it had all the whistles and bells, plus the comfort and ride is what they say it is. However, when I tested the Grand Starex CVX of a friend I found a wonderful marriage of the traits of the Alphard and the E150 in this van and so it was what i bought. Am glad I did and the Starex has been our daily drive and travel pal since then. The Alphard, well, my friend who loaned me the van is still complaining of the limited passenger volume and the fact that it also drinks juice as bad as 4-5km/L and much worst in traffic being a 3.5L model. My E150, I now only use it to haul heavy loads and stuff 'coz the Starex can carry plenty passengers more comfortably especially on long drives.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013

Alphard is surely a better buy vs E150 but it's true that it's kind of expensive for what it is.

The Honda Odyssey is actually a good buy at around 2.5M plus you don't need to fold the 3rd row seats to accommodate up to 4 big luggage sets unlike the Alphard.

Or wait for the all new Kia Carnival in diesel if not in a hurry although I'm unsure with Kia after sales these days.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ meron na carnival sa gray market. 2M+ rin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12