New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Medyo malakas sa gas ang AE92. 1600 na carb. Yung EE90 ang matipid noon kaso at that age you'd be hard pressed to find one that can still do 13km per L on the highway. Madami lang available na JDM parts yung AE92 sa Evangelista kaya ok sa maintenance and upgrades.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Konting OT lang po.

Magkano parehistro ng kotse ngayon? 1300 and 1600cc engines. Tsaka magkano TPL insurance?

Salamat.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Btw, the B13 is still in production in Mexico as the Nissan Tsuro. Gives you an idea of the design's longevity.
    Well, the AE92 Corolla is still manufactured in South Africa and sold as the Toyota Tazz. I guess the design longevity issue gets cancelled out already.

[QUOTE=thewildthing]Medyo malakas sa gas ang AE92. 1600 na carb. Yung EE90 ang matipid noon kaso at that age you'd be hard pressed to find one that can still do 13km per L on the highway. Madami lang available na JDM parts yung AE92 sa Evangelista kaya ok sa maintenance and upgrades.

Yeah, the AE92 has some guzzling issues, but the B13 isn't the most efficient 1.6 EFI either.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Heto na, battle of the lolos!

Nissan Tsuro Limited Edition:

Toyota Tazz:

I'd still probably take the more modern EFI system over the carb.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Older Nissans can have guzzling issues if there are sensor problems. Of course, a MAF sensor problem on an old ECCS car can be rectified by some electrical contact spray, which is about 150 pesos or so at your local hardware store...

I'd pick the B13, Nissan's liveliest Sentra chassis, good drive (I learned how to drive on this car... and seeing how badly I drive, you can tell it was a nice car... ) good balance of torque and power, and lots of nice features. It's the fault of this car we got stuck buying Nissans for the next ten years...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    B13 was also the last of the Sentra series with independent rear suspension. Solid axle na yung mga sumunod.

I also like the extra large spare tire compartment of the Sentra (it has a rectangular area in the far end for tools and other emergency gear). The huge LTO EWD's fit effortlessly.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haaay. na-mi-miss ko na...

Tama nga, though, about budgetting, whatever the make, cars this old will need lots of preventive maintenance right after you buy them.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I'd still probably take the more modern EFI system over the carb.
    So you mean you'll take theB13 ECCS rather than the AE92 GL?

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's the fault of this car we got stuck buying Nissans for the next ten years...
    Sir, di ko gano gets. Ibig mo sabihin ito yung naging dahilan kung bakit tinawag na kalampagin ang Nissans?

Sorry po sa mga tanong ko, malapit na din kasi ako bumili ng first car ko (from my wallet) and the B13, AE92, AE101, Mazda 323 (familia body), and Lancer Itlog are my choices. That means, all you inputs here will definitely help me decide w/c one to buy.

Salamat ng marami.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kupaloids View Post
    Sir, di ko gano gets. Ibig mo sabihin ito yung naging dahilan kung bakit tinawag na kalampagin ang Nissans?

Sorry po sa mga tanong ko, malapit na din kasi ako bumili ng first car ko (from my wallet) and the B13, AE92, AE101, Mazda 323 (familia body), and Lancer Itlog are my choices. That means, all you inputs here will definitely help me decide w/c one to buy.

Salamat ng marami.
    What I mean is: Sa sobrang ganda ng tsikot na yan, puro Nissan nalang ang mga binili namin na sasakyan pagkatapos.

Naasar nalang ako sa Nissan after 2000, puro palaki ng palaki yung mga sasakyan, maliit pa rin ang mga makina, at medyo old-fashioned pa rin siya.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The B13 Sentra is really the best valued early 90s 1.6 you can get. It may not be as good overall as, say, a Corolla 1.6 GLi, but the big discount (considering they have the same age) is really something. The engine is also no slug (I drag raced one and we were just about equal, though it had exhaust mods unlike mine). Try looking for the facelifted one, because it has 14-inch wheels, better designed bumpers and lights, and if you can find the SE Saloon version, it already has ABS, a first among the 1.6 sedans here. Spend good money for minor repairs, a nice paint job and clean wheels and you're gonna have quite a great ride.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
toyota ae92 or nissan b13