New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    86 for me.. mas maganda itsura... :D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    As of today, without having the benefit of a test drive, hands down, i prefer the Toyota 86. Why?

1. Toyota has better reputation and built quality than Hyundai
    2. The 86's heritage coming from the Toyota Levin/Trueno AE86
    3. Because of the 1st two reasons, a better resale value

I would not comment on handling and performance since i have not driven both cars yet....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1. Reputation, yes... Build quality, remains to be seen.
    2. It's based on the Impreza... The only thing completely Toyota about it is the Lexus gearbox.
    3. Likely.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Puwede bang Toyota 86 2.0T? haha I'll wait for that or the BRZ 2.0T or even the BRZ 2.5T

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    I like the 86, but you just can't deny the practicality and value for money of the GC.

I doesn't help that if you want an 86 you might have to wait for a year.
    thats probably one of the largest cons of the 86 at this point. if i were in the market for something like that, ill wait until a year or so when supply and more aftermarket feedback comes out, and also the BRZ.

Will we be seeing more threads on the 86-BRZ-Genesis just like the 1001 Monty Sport or Fortuner or Everest threads before.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Taking into account the size of the Genesis, it wouldn't be as nimble as the 86. And with the current version having only 10 horses more than the 86, it wouldn't be that much faster either. So I'd go with the 86 for this one. Not to mention that the 86 looks much better in my book.

But then if it is the new Genesis 2.0T with the 275hp engine that we are talking about, then that's another story... Imagine how much more power we can extract out of it with just the basic bolt-on mods!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Two heads are better than one. This joint project between Toyota & Subaru (86) will always have the technological and performance edge versus the Genesis Coupe.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i'd get the 86/BRZ. both lacks power anyway, atleast the 86/BRZ handles much much better compared to the gc. also both cars aren't made to go fast.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    thats probably one of the largest cons of the 86 at this point. if i were in the market for something like that, ill wait until a year or so when supply and more aftermarket feedback comes out, and also the BRZ.

Will we be seeing more threads on the 86-BRZ-Genesis just like the 1001 Monty Sport or Fortuner or Everest threads before.
    Ironic how you say, "in the market for one", but you would wait for a year. I'm in the market for a sportscar-daily driver and a year just seems a tad too far away for me if I was truly in the market for one. I dunno, but it seems illogical. As for me, I really need that car soon, but I don't know how long I can hold for the 86.

I agree. These kinds of threads would probably be popping up like mushrooms in the months to come. Sad to say all the marketing hype would probably push the 86/BRZ on top. The new GC is just as unloved as an aborted baby, it hasn't even arrived yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota 86 vs Hyundai Gen Coupe 2.0T