New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerman222 View Post
    thank you all for your immediate reply...

i have test driven the jazz and i find it too light for me so i guess SWIFT would be better (i will try to test drive it this weekend)...

if i would choose to go with the impreza parang mas sulit bumili ng 2nd hand na bmw 1 series parang nasa 1m na lng ito...

ano pro's and con's ng bmw 1...
    is it a gas-guzzler?
    alam ko masikip sya sa rear pero most of the time 2-4 lng kami sumasakay...

mas sulit ba mag bmw 1 kesa bnew sub-compact and sedan?

ganda 1 series. yun lang nga pag high end na lemon nabili mo lagot ka haha. a friend of mine sold his 3 series because it keeps on stalling. may problema talaga yun unit. Impreza maganda din. BTW all subarus have a minimum of 6 airbags. Test drive mo sa motor image. But stay away from the turbocharged subarus baka yun ang mabili mo kun limited budget mo swift or jazz na lang both have high resale including the swift

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerman222 View Post
    yaris vs jazz vs swift...

i prefer yung parang sa mga european cars na mabigat ang manibela...
    which of the three ang ganun?

i know its better to test drive pero baka im lookin at wrong segment baka dapat sedan like
    impreza or focus lng dapat ang pinagpipilian ko
    pls enlighten me

thanks and more power...

Go for the Jazz. Swift is reliable, but too small. I'd say Jazz or Fit, both of Honda, won't go wrong for you.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1-series' biggest drawback is the lack of comfort. The cabin ergonomics are terrific, yes, and the thing drives like an insane go-kart... but it rides like a go-kart, too... which can get tiring if you're driving for hours at a time... and the rear seat space is pretty bad... about as small as the Swift, I'd wager... ...but if you're going to get one, the 120d is the pick of the litter. The 1.6 and 1.8 have a better weight balance, but the 120d handles better than most anything you can buy at the price and can do diesel-y burnouts with the ESP switched off.

If you're going for 1m and you're looking for steering feel (given what you're saying about the jazz), then there's really only one car for you... the Focus. The Civic's steering is sharp but somewhat artificial, the Mitsubishi, too... the Impreza's steering is... as said... numb... and the Mazda3's electric steering is just a bit worse than the Civic's.

The Focus is the only car for under 1.5m that has properly good steering. Next closest would probably be the Mazda6 (not very fast or nimble, but lots of fun). The Accord's steering feels wonderful, but it understeers like an old CR-V.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 1-series' biggest drawback is the lack of comfort. The cabin ergonomics are terrific, yes, and the thing drives like an insane go-kart... but it rides like a go-kart, too... which can get tiring if you're driving for hours at a time... and the rear seat space is pretty bad... about as small as the Swift, I'd wager... ...but if you're going to get one, the 120d is the pick of the litter. The 1.6 and 1.8 have a better weight balance, but the 120d handles better than most anything you can buy at the price and can do diesel-y burnouts with the ESP switched off.

If you're going for 1m and you're looking for steering feel (given what you're saying about the jazz), then there's really only one car for you... the Focus. The Civic's steering is sharp but somewhat artificial, the Mitsubishi, too... the Impreza's steering is... as said... numb... and the Mazda3's electric steering is just a bit worse than the Civic's.

The Focus is the only car for under 1.5m that has properly good steering. Next closest would probably be the Mazda6 (not very fast or nimble, but lots of fun). The Accord's steering feels wonderful, but it understeers like an old CR-V.

You're referring to the RS right? Because the TDCI, Impreza, and other 2-liters are OVER 1m already?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    what do you mean by impreza being numb? iba ba sya sa being light? medyo newbie ako sa terms...ksi yung jazz parang ang gaan ang gusto ko pagpinihit ko mabigat pero responsive like my dads 2006 bmw 3-series...

if we would buy jazz if magpalit ba ako ng mags bibigat ba pakiramdam?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nOnOize View Post
    Go for the Jazz. Swift is reliable, but too small. I'd say Jazz or Fit, both of Honda, won't go wrong for you.
    Jazz is same with Fit.. theyre one and the same car

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most of the new systems are light... even some sportscars have pretty light steering.

Used to be, Mazdas and Fords had the heaviest, meatiest steering. The new Mazda3 and Focus now have lighter steering because customers were complaining, but they're still a bit heavier than the competition.

Numb is different... numb means you can't feel the road through the steering wheel, and you can't feel what's happening as you turn it. Most electric systems are pretty numb. The Impreza's steering is a bit better than the Jazz, but still slightly light and floaty feeling compared to the Focus. The Civic has quite meaty steering for an electric assist steering system and it's very sharp. Not quite as good as the Focus, but worth considering, since the Civic has a great engine and more space in the back seat.

-

The most perfect steering I've felt for non-exotic/luxury/expensive cars in the past ten years would have to be in BMWs, the previous Miata and the Ford Lynx RS. The RS still feels nice and fresh, some five years on, every time I get back in it after driving a newer car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The most perfect steering I've felt for non-exotic/luxury/expensive cars in the past ten years would have to be in BMWs, the previous Miata and the Ford Lynx RS. The RS still feels nice and fresh, some five years on, every time I get back in it after driving a newer car.
    I find BMWs on the heavy side

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    That's true w/ Mazda. I have a 2006 Mazda 6 (M/T).

Sabi nga ng iba na sinubok i-drive yung unit ko...... "Power steering ba ito?"

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    yup iba nga talaga steering ng bmw...

i'm now torn between swift, mazda 3 hatchback and ford focus hatchback...

pag mabigat ba ang overall weight ang tendency mas bibigat ba ang steering?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
in terms of handling which would you choose