New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    yaris vs jazz vs swift...

i prefer yung parang sa mga european cars na mabigat ang manibela...
    which of the three ang ganun?

i know its better to test drive pero baka im lookin at wrong segment baka dapat sedan like
    impreza or focus lng dapat ang pinagpipilian ko
    pls enlighten me

thanks and more power...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerman222 View Post
    yaris vs jazz vs swift...

i prefer yung parang sa mga european cars na mabigat ang manibela...
    which of the three ang ganun?

i know its better to test drive pero baka im lookin at wrong segment baka dapat sedan like
    impreza or focus lng dapat ang pinagpipilian ko
    pls enlighten me

thanks and more power...
    Im a previous owner of a yaris, definitely take it out of the list if you want a heavy steering wheel. Super gaan nya, pwede daliri lang gamitin mo hehe.

I also dont like the handling of the yaris. Too much body roll when turning. Ang tag tag pa.

The jazz drives better

If you have the budget, get the impreza, it handles great, you'll also have tons of features inside that can be only seen in cars sold in the US ( 6 airbags, 8 speakers, etc)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik, among your choices, the swift i think has the best handling.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Bakit di ninyo i-test drive sir so that you will have your own feel on the steering wheel.

In the sub-compact segment, it is all designed to feel light and comfortable unless you mod it a little bit to improve the handling and lessen the body roll.

We all have subjective experiences on the car so it is better to test drive and do your own research before deciding on what vehicle you will buy.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    For 2.0 Impreza, 2 airbags lng sya. Although, handling is good. Great suspension too for our Manila roads. You won't notice you're going 140kph already.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If we're going up to compact cars, most of the new ones have great handling.

The Impreza is an impressive handler, mind you, but the Civic, though the rear end is annoyingly numb, turns quicker and the Focus has a keener sense of balance (and much much better steering). The Lancer feels about as good as the Impreza (they're both equally heavy) and has more grip.

And would you believe that the Mazda3 2.0R can still outslalom most of these snotty newcomers? That includes the Subie. AWD might be a great weapon for a 300 hp turbocharged hatchback, but amongst 150hp compacts, its benefits are quite minimal. The Subaru only feels significantly better off-road, on dirt, where the extra traction gives you the ability to perform four-wheel powerslides...

But if we're talking balls-to-the-walls tail-wagging backroads fun, it's the Swift. Full-stop. It has the most neutral demeanor amongst sub-compacts, has decent rubber and, surprisingly for a subcompact, it has adequate steering. Still light... still a bit numb, but not as numbnuts as the Jazz or the loosely-geared Yaris steering wheels. The only thing nearly as fun as the Swift was the old Jazz, which you could get sideways with a Scandinavian flick and a bit of trail-braking, but the new Jazz is more like the Civic, the rear is too firmly planted.

Errh... not that I'm saying these things will spin out if you drive hard, but if you know how to provoke them, they're very willing to play. But with normal... "safe" driving... the Swift is still the best of the lot... followed closely by the new Jazz... either will do, depending on what you want... but if what you want is firm steering, the only thing you can do is unplug the electric steering motor...
    Last edited by niky; July 9th, 2009 at 12:26 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    swift. although i dont know if they'll be coming up with a new model soon. may upgraded version na with twin tailpipes and gti bumpers mahal lang at 900K+

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Of the three cars listed: Jazz.

Its the lifestyle statement and good handling.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 9th, 2009 at 02:33 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    thank you all for your immediate reply...

i have test driven the jazz and i find it too light for me so i guess SWIFT would be better (i will try to test drive it this weekend)...

if i would choose to go with the impreza parang mas sulit bumili ng 2nd hand na bmw 1 series parang nasa 1m na lng ito...

ano pro's and con's ng bmw 1...
    is it a gas-guzzler?
    alam ko masikip sya sa rear pero most of the time 2-4 lng kami sumasakay...

mas sulit ba mag bmw 1 kesa bnew sub-compact and sedan?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerman222 View Post
    i have test driven the jazz and i find it too light for me so i guess SWIFT would be better (i will try to test drive it this weekend)...
    Swift is cramp inside. Interior capacity is also much smaller than the Jazz.

if i would choose to go with the impreza parang mas sulit bumili ng 2nd hand na bmw 1 series parang nasa 1m na lng ito...

ano pro's and con's ng bmw 1...
    is it a gas-guzzler?
    alam ko masikip sya sa rear pero most of the time 2-4 lng kami sumasakay...

mas sulit ba mag bmw 1 kesa bnew sub-compact and sedan?
    Value for money, I would rather get an entry-level Toyota Camry than the BMW 1-series if you want driving comfort. The driving experience at the wheel of a BMW 1-series on a long highway is good but in tighter spaces can be difficult.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
in terms of handling which would you choose