New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regarding tumba, you guys are forgetting basic physics na mababa sobra center of gravity nya. Your typical SUV will probably tip over quicker.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yup! Yun din ang naisip ko nung nakita ko sya. But if you have read the whole profile of the car hindi sya basta tataob at may video sila sa gallery to prove it.

As for safety you can check their 4 page brochure PDF. http://www.commutercars.com/ Here are excerpt from that page:

Beat Traffic
    The Tango's ability to get through traffic is second to none. Like a motorcycle, it can change lanes to gain advantage in traffic betterthan any car in history. Unlike a motorcycle, it is safe, dry, climate controlled, and carry a reasonable amount of cargo.

Safety:
    The Tango's race car style roll cage design, its 4 point harness, its low center of gravity, and a weight comparable to a midsize sedan combine to make the Tango extremely safe. Side protection is more than 4 times that of a typical SUV. 4 -point pilot seat belts with inertia reels are similar to a race car harness but easy to get into.

Stability:
    With 2,000 lbs (mostly batteries) under the floor, the Tango's static rollover threshold is equivalent to a 5 star NHTSA rating placing it in the company with the lowest slung sports cars.

Accelaration and top speed:
    With over 1,000lbs of torque, the Tango can accelerate from zero to over 130 mph in one gear. (that's 208 kms!) Without needing an energy-robbing transmission or differential, it accelerates from zero to 60 mph (96kms) in about 4 seconds and finished the standing 1/4 mile in about 12 seconds at over 100 mph (160kms).

Tango can be built with a fuel cell or internal combustion engine, conventional lead-acid batteries work well for most commuters. Its 80-mile range is nearly 4 times the distance the average commuter travels per day. With high-tech batteries, range could exceed 150 miles per charge.

It was not designed to replace the family car--it was designed to add a transportation option that gives speed and convenience.

Sa states because 110 volt outlet sila you can charged it overnight but with a 200-amp off-board charger, the Tango can be charged to 80% in about 10 minutes. And it does not use oil and zero emission pag all-electric car sya!

I think sa US they are trying to introduce this to cut their dependent on oil. Even George Clooney drives one but sad to say mahal sya kasi bago palang sa market at 20K in $. Sana magmura sya in the long run.

The you can check the specification dito:http://www.commutercars.com/

Hope this helps .
    Last edited by Yellowturtle; June 8th, 2006 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Additional info on the Tango Car

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Feeling kano kasi lagi dito gusto malalaki oto hehe.
    true. feeling kano, pero takot naman sa American cars

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005

parang smart car ah. iniba lang body

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd get one if I can afford one. At least di exposed to the elements. Di lang ako tatabi sa mga bus sa EDSA :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    true. feeling kano, pero takot naman sa American cars
    Yeah. Oaf in his big American SUV might run it over. I already witnessed a similar incident where the driver of a huge Ford pickup 4x4 didn't see the Porsche up front (at a 4-way stop very near our house) and almost ran it over. Well, it got as far as smashing the rear half of the car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll buy one if there is a local version.

I know there is a local electric car pero side by side ang passenger. If they configured it this way, i may consider it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tango Car