New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    - jimny is said to have stiff ride (probably bec. of the 4x4), they say it rides like a jeep. how true is this?
    It has dual live axles, just like a jeep. And it's a body-on-frame design, to boot. That's why. But those two features make it more durable than the Avanza... which is a pretty tinny little unibody car. (it's a good taxi service, but doesn't feel as solid as the ladder-frame Innova).

- jimny has no airbags. and accdg. to the online specs. hindi na-mention doon yun if this car has security like keyless entry alarm and immobilizer (this is impt. to me dahil na din sa mga lugar na mga pupuntahan ko)
    The lack of airbags isn't a problem if you're comparing it to an Avanza. The Avanza doesn't have an official EuroNCAP or NHTSA crash rating, either.

Immobilizer is an issue, but you can get an aftermarket one.

- the jimny daw even with the 1.3 engine is not fuel efficient. around 5-6 km/liter lang. bakit kaya?
    Automatic, four-wheel drive. Get one in manual.

- the jimny is slow (anyway, i'm familiar with this coz my dad had a suzuki samurai before, parang diesel owner jeep umarangkada yun noon if i remember correctly. ganun din ba ang acceleration ng jimny?)
    Actually, in traffic, the AT is quite peppy. Not so much on the highway, but it's not as "makupad" as the older Samurais.

- the A/T jimny is priced at 805K while the top of the lien A/T avanza is priced mga 50k more but with many features.
    True... but they have very different purposes.

- what i like about the jimny is its 4x4 application. something that I would like to take advantage of pag may leisure time ako.
    It might be better to look for secondhand pre-facelift Jimnys with the transfer case lever instead of the pushbutton 4x4 switch if you're going off-road.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010

share ko lang

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    If you're complaining that the Jimny is slow, is not fuel efficient and doesn't ride well, then you're probably not its target audience.

The Jimny is a giant-killing 4x4 SUV, first and foremost - folks looking for cushy car-like traits need not apply. It will go places that will give a Porsche Cayenne headaches. Autocar UK proved this back in 2004 in a shootout at Land Rover's UK proving grounds. I have that actual article at home.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since you said you're alone, get the Jimny. I really like the style and the 4x4 performance. Its easy to drive in traffic too, due to the high ride height and the short length. Flood trotting capabilities should be excellent as well. We used to have a Suzuki Escudo 1.6A/T which has pretty much the same dimensions and capabilities, I can say it works like a charm. Never skipped a beat even in floods covering the hood, and passes through rough terrain as if it were flat roads. FC is around 8.5km/l. I personally do not like the Avanza, its looks turn me off immediately, and it doesn't look as solid as the Innova.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ^ of course the Jimny and the vanzy is very much different kinds of vehicles. the vanzy is car-based, i guess, unlike the innova which has ladder frame chassis. mas maganda ang vanzy pag sa G model, or the modified one, although RWD ang avanza. around 12-14 km/l highway ang FC ang avanza.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Exactly. It's an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Bottom line is to buy according to need. Urban dwellers will be served well by the Avanza. The Jimny is far better off the beaten track. Some will argue it's too much of a one-trick pony, but hey, at least it ain't pretending to be anything else...

By the way.
    Isn't a Jimny essentially RWD too when the 4WD system/transfer case is mechanically decoupled?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, the Jimny is RWD. The 4wd system is designed for low traction surfaced only.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My 05 jimny A/T gets 9.2kpl. choose according to your needs.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    mga bros yung konting rough road around 15 minutes okey lang sa Avanza? yung tipo bang mabato at maputik?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on how fast you drive it. It'll survive rough roads... but being a unibody with a lightweight suspension, it'll suffer the same damage as a comparable sedan to heavy abuse.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Suzuki Jimny 2010 or Toyota Avanza 2010