New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hi guys, am planning to buy a compact city beater car w/ high ground clearance yun pwede dalhin sa binondo at kahit anong iskinita sa metro manila coz my work demands it.

although incomparable yun dalawa mentioned but i'm kinda hoping for advice kung ano ang mas okay. pls. dont suggest other suvs kasi talagang pangharabas lang hanap ko na compact and cheaper acquisition. btw, i don't do offroad pero nagagandahan lang ako sa jimny at parang boy scout na din siguro ito pag may flash floods

the thing is we owned a suzuki samurai before, grabe lang ang bad experience namin sa car na yun is the jimny a better car, all-cbu japan ba ito?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Jimny has a tougher undercarriage. But if your work involves carrying cargo, it has almost no cargo capacity... unless you remove the rear seats. The Avanza has tons of space, especially in five seater form, and is more economical.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    pangharabas, maganda ang pang-ilalim nang jimny fore sure. pero kung magsasakay ka nang tao, napakahirap sa jimny since 2 door ito, hauling cargos pasakit din.

pero kung solo ka lang madalas or may sasabay na isa, magandang pang-harabas ang jimny hehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What will you haul. If it will fit in the Jimny, I'd get it. But that's just me.

The Avanza is really a practical choice. The Jimny is a good second car, though. Komatsu uses them to service heavy equipment in remote areas.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think mas matibay ang Jimny kaysa sa avanza kung ipang haharabas sa grabeng mga daan. I think mas mataas din ang ground clearance nito.

Kung hindi naman kailangan ng ala 4x4 na sasakyan. ok na ang avanza. mas matipid pa sa gas at mas maraming maisasakay.

Depende talaga sa needs.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    What will you haul. If it will fit in the Jimny, I'd get it. But that's just me.

The Avanza is really a practical choice. The Jimny is a good second car, though. Komatsu uses them to service heavy equipment in remote areas.
    oo nga, sa Komatsu Quezon Avenue, napakaraming Jimnys doon.

with the road conditions sa Binondo, siguro get a Jimny na nga. wala ka naman naitanong sa seating capacity at cargo hauling so I assume mag-isa ka lang talagang gagamit. isa pa, palaging binabaha diyan sa Binondo hahaha.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    *jimnyeatworld, bro may similarity yung choice natin pero yung sakin is sa price lang, kaya hindi sya directly a choice between the two, sayang ayos na ayos na sana ang jimny as mentioned ng mga bro tsikoters na matibay sya at pangharabas, kung lumaki-laki lang sana ng konti...

OT mga bro's anong other choices na puwedeng pang harabas sa same price range ng avanza at jimny?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    diba gas ang jimny? ubra ba sa bahaan yun

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    thanks to all of you for the quick reply. i've just browsed this forum about jimny as well as the online specs of the suzuki jimny vs. the toyota avanza

so far ito lang ang concerns ko:

- jimny is said to have stiff ride (probably bec. of the 4x4), they say it rides like a jeep. how true is this?

- jimny has no airbags. and accdg. to the online specs. hindi na-mention doon yun if this car has security like keyless entry alarm and immobilizer (this is impt. to me dahil na din sa mga lugar na mga pupuntahan ko)

- the jimny daw even with the 1.3 engine is not fuel efficient. around 5-6 km/liter lang. bakit kaya?

- the jimny is slow (anyway, i'm familiar with this coz my dad had a suzuki samurai before, parang diesel owner jeep umarangkada yun noon if i remember correctly. ganun din ba ang acceleration ng jimny?)

- the A/T jimny is priced at 805K while the top of the lien A/T avanza is priced mga 50k more but with many features.

- cargo hauling and space do not concern me since parati ako lang naman mag-isa ang gagamit

- what i like about the jimny is its 4x4 application. something that I would like to take advantage of pag may leisure time ako.

----------------

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    thanks to all of you for the quick reply. i've just browsed this forum about jimny as well as the online specs of the suzuki jimny vs. the toyota avanza

so far ito lang ang concerns ko:

- jimny is said to have stiff ride (probably bec. of the 4x4), they say it rides like a jeep. how true is this?

- jimny has no airbags. and accdg. to the online specs. hindi na-mention doon yun if this car has security like keyless entry alarm and immobilizer (this is impt. to me dahil na din sa mga lugar na mga pupuntahan ko)

- the jimny daw even with the 1.3 engine is not fuel efficient. around 5-6 km/liter lang. bakit kaya?

- the jimny is slow (anyway, i'm familiar with this coz my dad had a suzuki samurai before, parang diesel owner jeep umarangkada yun noon if i remember correctly. ganun din ba ang acceleration ng jimny?)

- the A/T jimny is priced at 805K while the top of the lien A/T avanza is priced mga 50k more but with many features.

- cargo hauling and space do not concern me since parati ako lang naman mag-isa ang gagamit

- what i like about the jimny is its 4x4 application. something that I would like to take advantage of pag may leisure time ako.

----------------

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Suzuki Jimny 2010 or Toyota Avanza 2010