New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,332
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    WTH are they spending all those mods for just to drive in the city lol
    Yes, pretty much. But it's their money, so they can do what they want with it. SUV vs Pick Up

  2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    397
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    I really don't know why with the affordability of diesel SUVs now (or at least the approvability from loans ), people are still buying pickups.

    I mean it costs the same when it comes to maintenance, tire cost etc, and you get less real estate while driving say on a vacation (your family is all cramped in the front). Plus, it's even so hard to load things at the back because of higher ground clearance not to mention it's unprotected from rains and theft


    So I figure, what's really up with these people buying those 4x4 pickups. I used to have one too.
    And so I went back the day I bought my first pickup (it was my first brand new car btw)

    That time, I had self esteem problems. I needed a macho car in the likes of Chuck Norris' Invasion USA or MJ Fox Back to the future bad ass pickups.

    So yun Lang yun and I endured 8 years of so hard to maneuver big tired pickup because of that mentality.

    And so if to compare now. When most pickup buyers now are almost simultaneously sporting black-rimmed AT tires as soon as their pickup is released from casa, malamang yun na talaga
    reason,

    I mean who can resist in their mind the macho form factor of a Ford Raptor in a modified or blinged Ford Ranger. I do normal runs in Sierra Madre 3 times a week with an old CUV, and i rarely see these propped up 4x4 pickups up there, WTH are they spending all those mods for just to drive in the city lol
    I got your point paps. TOTL 4x4 trucks for city driving. Lol. At the end of the day all I can say is because they can afford!

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,581
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes, pretty much. But it's their money, so they can do what they want with it. SUV vs Pick Up
    agree bro. pursuit of happiness is personal. and it is a matter of right to the beholder, not subject to anyone's idea of aesthetics, or sense and sensibilities. ☺
    BTT of course, for me, it's suv.

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,300
    #24
    Id go for an SUV for the same reasons mentioned above. Unless you haul stuff on a regular basis, the SUV is a more practical and entertaining choice.

  5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,490
    #25
    Like I said in previous threads, unless you have a use for the bed, don't get a pickup.
    The same reason I plan to let the pickup go in favor of the SUV. The only advantage of the pickup is when you are hauling a load that you can not fit inside the SUV but NOT on a toll way.

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,855
    #26
    You can't buy a mid range SUV for 1M that's why people still buy pickups. They're better than buying compact or subcompacts, diesel + ground clearance.

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,002
    #27
    And as previously stated, you don't wanna smell like chicken manure when doing farm duties. Buy appropriate vehicle that suits your need. For me, pickup wins due to its versatility.

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    227
    #28
    How about Isuzu mu-X LS M/T 4X2. SRP is 1,188,000.

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,378
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ramones283 View Post
    How about Isuzu mu-X LS M/T 4X2. SRP is 1,188,000.
    I won't recommend the base mu-X which doesn't even have ABS/EBD, the LS-M is a better choice though with standard safety features (inc. rear disc brakes) and equipment such as roof rails, better climate control with knobs, etc. * 1,260,000

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    847
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    I won't recommend the base mu-X which doesn't even have ABS/EBD, the LS-M is a better choice though with standard safety features (inc. rear disc brakes) and equipment such as roof rails, better climate control with knobs, etc. * 1,260,000
    So does the Crosswind that its targetted to replace.

    I've driven for 30 years without those and I'm still ok, so do millions of other drivers.

    The MUx base model is as great a new vehicle that can be had today as any other at a very competitive price, maybe even better. It's cheap enough to be used as a workhorse, and big enough to command road presence. I like its value proposition very much!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

SUV vs Pick Up