New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    ^ pwede... pinag iisipan ko nga.

Inaawitan ko na nga lang yung Sta Fe nang president namin... 2yrs palang at less than 3k lang ang takbo nya.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Inaawitan ko na nga lang yung Sta Fe nang president namin... 2yrs palang at less than 3k lang ang takbo nya.
    naku wag santa Fe sir.. yun sa boss ko na ganyan 1 year old palang dami na sakit sa ulo. may mga tok sounds at mabilis maubos yun brake pads at napa-warranty narin nya yun brake system nya sise nga sya eh sana nag pajero nalang daw sya...

Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post

naku wag santa Fe sir.. yun sa boss ko na ganyan 1 year old palang dami na sakit sa ulo. may mga tok sounds at mabilis maubos yun brake pads at napa-warranty narin nya yun brake system nya sise nga sya eh sana nag pajero nalang daw sya...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    What year? Yung 2007 SF nun na binili namin ng xgf ko (on my suggestion kase gusto nila Fort), kumalampag agad after six months. The AC & Foglamps went bust after 7 months. Pinalitan naman under warranty, sobrang tagal nga lang ng parts so we had to endure polluted air for about 3 or 4 weeks.

To be fair, that SF was really fast and comfy at just 1.5M. I was able to drive from Cainta (Felix Ave) to UST in just 20 minutes (around 530am) kase late na si xgf. Balintawak via EDSA to Makati (Dian) in 15 minutes (3am). Weird lang that its rear bottomed-out when I dove into Lagusnilad at speed (100 ata or so) with me as the sole passenger. Other cars never did, even at the same speed. It gulped a lot of diesel esp during City driving. Matipid naman pag long drives though I reckon it would have tremendous frugality if equipped with 3Gen Nissan Xtronic CVT (since they supply CVT to other makes).

That car eventually sunk during Ondoy and was sold at a huge loss (wala kasi AON yung insurance at that time). I forget the plate number but it's blue, ZEH 417 or 471.

Kahit ganun I'm looking to get an MMC of that SF (yung R-EVGT engine na). Not really a fan of the new one's design. Medyo takot lang ako baka sobrang mahal ng parts so still on the fence. Yung PMS kasi was crazy expensive at that time esp if I compare it with the japanese.
    -------

OnT:

SUV na lang, tapos pag kailangan mo ng Pick-up utility, just hook a trailer. Ganun ang balak ko. Kailangan mo lang ata ng additional Restriction code sa DL to tow and the skillz kase siempre iba ang galaw ng articulated.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I prefer an SUV as daily driver. If ever I need to haul things, I can just borrow or rent a pickup. However, if you haul things more often then go for the pick up. I believe the rear suspensions of the two are more so often different.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I have to rescind my previous statement about SUVs being more comfortable. With the introduction of the all-new Nissan NP300 Navarra with multi-link coil springs in the rear. Pick ups just might evolve to be a comfortable and practical vehicle after all.
    Last edited by Radical!; July 25th, 2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Wrong spelling

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Still not as comfortable as an SUV with the same suspension setup. A pickup is designed to carry heavier loads so suspension is still tweaked for that.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Iba ang suv sa pick pagdating sa suspension, marketing scheme lang yung over rated na same comfort ang pickup sa suv. Iparehas mo yan dalawa eh di nag sag na grabe ang likod ng pickup pag loaded.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    I have to rescind my previous statement about SUVs being more comfortable. With the introduction of the all-new Nissan NP300 Navarra with multi-link coil springs in the rear. Pick ups just might evolve to be a comfortable and practical vehicle after all.
    Yeah, a pickup that squats like a taking off aeroplane.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    a pickup in the first place is a work vehicle that is not meant to offer one the best comfort a vehicle can give. what good is a pickup with a soft suspension that cant carry heavy load that it was meant to carry? remember the Nissan pathfinder of the early nineties, its ride is, uh, not that jarring compared to the Toyota Hilux LN106, but man, load it up with >5 cavans of rice and you can see its rear leaf springs sag sorrily downwards and its front end pointed upwards like a plane about to take off. Personally, a pickup is "purpose-built" vehicle for work. I have still have my 97 LN106, i love it, never bought a newer version as i dont see the need for it. But SUV? I'll take it anytime over a pickup if for comfort and long drives...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My colleague's pickup has got two sacks of sand at all times to tame the ride. He did that for years he almost forgot about the deadweight he's carrying...

Kung gusto mo talaga, may paraan.. ^^

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    The thread starter isn't looking for a be-all, do-all vehicle, I doubt if we will ever find any. There will always be compromises. The coil sprung-rear suspension of the NP300 is a huge leap from the bumpy, leaf-sprung pickups of the past generation. Perhaps our local pickup-based SUVs have have been tuned to carry less load compared to their pickup brethren, but they too are tuned to carry 3rd row passengers which have fairly bumpy rides without load or passengers. For those of you who remember the 7-"cheater" CRVs. Despite the sedan based coil-spring, double wishbones in the rear, they were tuned to carry an extra 2 passengers, therefore, it had an awful ride compared to the standard 5 seater CRVs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast