New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    An suv that is slow is not a sports utility vehicle, slow utility vehicle lang yun. Even if it looks like one. Kasi kung looks lang ang basehan e suv na din ang isuzu crosswind, montero sport tci, at alterra (bolahin nyo lelang nyo, parang si binay masa lang ang kayang bolahin!) It has to have all the requirements present - ride and comfort, speed on tarmac and power on dirt and gravel.

Parang sports din, ang basketball at football e sports. Ang chess hindi.
    Crosswind I agree wholeheartedly. Pero ganun ba kabagal ang MS na TCi?

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    I don't feel the MS has a good handling, it rolls so bad even in slow on camber turns.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    MS TCi? yan ba ung Non-VGT?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    MS TCi? yan ba ung Non-VGT?
    Most probably

Posted using TocinoTalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    I don't feel the MS has a good handling, it rolls so bad even in slow on camber turns.
    Baka it has a good ride. Not necessarily handling

Posted using TocinoTalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Kung mabagal pa sa tingin mo yung 170 kph na top speed ng stock MS TCI, eh mabagal nga.
    Matindi ang body roll ng MS sa mga corner, pero idaan mo sa rough road, kahit 100 kph, bale wala lang, yung ibang SUV tumatalon talon nayan nasa 40kph palang, lalo nayung leaf spring ang suspension sa likod.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Kung mabagal pa sa tingin mo yung 170 kph na top speed ng stock MS TCI, eh mabagal nga.
    Matindi ang body roll ng MS sa mga corner, pero idaan mo sa rough road, kahit 100 kph, bale wala lang, yung ibang SUV tumatalon talon nayan nasa 40kph palang, lalo nayung leaf spring ang suspension sa likod.
    Yung mabagal part, that's what I wanted to clarify from yebo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If 170 kph is fast for you then you must be a lot older than me. I am 50.

Seriously, it is because it takes a long time to get there, at pupugakpugak ng usok while doing so. Comon rail and variable geometry turbo are now the norm for modern diesels and imho for mitsubishi to come up with a tci montero sports is pure and simple pretentious. If you want the real suv then get the montero sport gtv.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Irrespective of the drivers age, mabilis na ang 170 kph. Especially that the speed limit is at 100 kph. They are SUVs not Formula 1 car, they use public roads not race track. The time difference between a TCI SUV (MS, Eve, Alt, Fort etc) and a VGT/VNT/V** SUV reaching 170 kph is not that significant, they will still see each other at the toll gate, in the next traffic jam, in the next stop light or in the next speeding check point. If anything bad happened at 170 kph, they may again see each other at the same hospital and share the same emergency ward.
    Last edited by glenn_duke; March 18th, 2014 at 09:42 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I do not see the point in making a separate wheel-hp list as compared to the engine hp already published.

You would have to do it yourself given that EVERYONE has already given you the HP values of their vehicles.

Just make a mental note that 4WD will be slower than the 2WD version of the same vehicle because the load and weight from the 4WD system.

The only reason why tuner shops use wheel-hp is it is easier for them to measure engine output at the wheels than from the engine.
    Well, I do understand that the HP and Torque ratings of each SUV given by their manufacturer on paper is the "flywheel" output rating and is NOT the same output the SUV is pumping out at the wheels. This is what we want coz' this is the "real world" output that is being felt by the owner. Yes, not everyone can afford to have their SUV undergo dyno testing coz of its prohibitive price. This is the main reason why I'm asking kind owners who had their SUV's dynoed and possibly share their results so others may learn from them. I grew up with 4WD's and very aware that they are naturally heavier than their 4WD brethrens.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast