New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Nagpila na ako para sa hyundai tucson but yung problem is that I am still very far in the line along number 86 which means di pa sure kung with in 3 months makukuha so I am thinking of getting ready namagatras sa tucson and buy other SUV/CUV and I need you guys to help me decide.

my choices are:
    1. Honda CRV AT 1.3m- actually mas gusto ko ung design ng CRV compared to tucson is because mas macho sya para sa akin, safe and reliable and its a honda but ung downside is that in the near future lalabas na ung bagong generation around 2012? And compare to other cars in the list and tucson, siya ata yung may pinakamahinang engine.

2. Nissan X-trail CVT AT 1.3m- malakas ung engine and offroad capability, thats all I like, di ko ganu nagustohan yung interior and exterior design hehe

3. Toyota Fortuner AT Dsl 1.4m- what I like about it, its diesel and mataas para iwas baha, but downside is that pansin ko is mataas nga ung clearance pero kapag nasaloob ka ng car mababa ung bubong natatamaan ung ulo ko pero pede ko siguro adjust ung seat. Engine ng Fortuner I am not sure how powerful siya, any thoughts?

4. Santa Fe-?

What else can you guys add to this hypothesis

Other SUV/CUV I've checked out that I didn't like:
    Montero, ASX (pangit para sa akin ung interior nila, sorry to mitsubishi owners)

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Add the Santa Fe to the list...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Add the Santa Fe to the list...
    done. Di ko naisip tignan ung santa fe haha. Anyways thanks for the heads up

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz88 View Post
    3. Toyota Fortuner AT Dsl 1.4m- what I like about it, its diesel and mataas para iwas baha, but downside is that pansin ko is mataas nga ung clearance pero kapag nasaloob ka ng car mababa ung bububong natatamaan ung ulo ko pero pede ko siguro adjust ung seat. Engine ng Fortuner I am not sure how powerful siya, any thoughts?
    No power on the 2.5L D4d. Same engine as the Innova. On the Innova you can deal with the lag kasi relatively magaan lang sya but with the added weight and big tires of the Fort the turbo lag is unbearable. You will see a lot of these "cruising" on the NLEX. Interior is very small in relation to its size.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    No power on the 2.5L D4d. Same engine as the Innova. On the Innova you can deal with the lag kasi relatively magaan lang sya but with the added weight and big tires of the Fort the turbo lag is unbearable. You will see a lot of these "cruising" on the NLEX. Interior is very small in relation to its size.
    Yup even the honda crv has a higher ceiling than fortuner, my head doesn't hit the ceiling

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    done. Di ko naisip tignan ung santa fe haha. Anyways thanks for the heads up
    You still want potent Korean diesel without the wait, look no further than the Tucson's bigger sister!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yup even the honda crv has a higher ceiling than fortuner, my head doesn't hit the ceiling
    That's the problem with ladder frame vehicles they look big and imposing outside pero once nasa loob ka na the floor is high so masikip. Try looking at the Montero Sport and the Everest ganun din, the floor is high so masikip at tatama na ulo mo sa bubong! Even supposedly smaller vehicles like the CR-V which is a CUV are roomier! Same can be said with the Santa Fe not as imposing outside pero more imposing inside...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I definitely agree santa fe is alot roomier than montero etc but I've heard that in the near future its getting a major redesign, around 2012, same with the crv, which I would probably want to wait for if its true

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    3. Toyota Fortuner AT Dsl 1.4m- what I like about it, its diesel and mataas para iwas baha, but downside is that pansin ko is mataas nga ung clearance pero kapag nasaloob ka ng car mababa ung bubong natatamaan ung ulo ko pero pede ko siguro adjust ung seat. Engine ng Fortuner I am not sure how powerful siya, any thoughts?
    The Toyota Fortuner is equipped with the 2.5-liter 2KD-FTV engine with common rail diesel (D-4D) technology, which produces 102 HP at 3600 rpm....
    To simplify how underpowered this particular engine is;
    A typical 1.5L Gas fed Honda Jazz has 117 HP..... 15 HP more than the Fort...
    And a Diesel Fed Hyundai Accent 1.5L CRDI has 108HP... 6 more than the Fort....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Or a Santa Fe 2.2 R-eVGT which has 197 HP... Now the Fort would really look pathetic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which SUV/CUV to go with?