New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    *chua_riwap: Yes sir, it was posted before w/ the intention of replacing my L3 van for a new one (not sub compact car).... BUt then, I decided to keep the van and add another unit to the family..

I will try to look around the casa or web for cars (new / used) to see which is best...

I recently found a used 2011 1.3cc Mazda2 w/ 1900 mileage, price at 530T.. my heart seem to long for it but my mind tells me getting a VIOS is more a sound decision.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Aside from the size, whats the diff between a Subcompact car and a full sedan? Would the vios be considered a full sedan?

my searchlist would only be cars w/ 1.3 engine para matipid po...

I drove a picanto 2-3 years ago, and it felt like everything is falling apart, maraming kalog inside the car (dashboard)... and to note the picanto was just 3 year old w/ 20T mileage reading..

Lahat ba mga sub-compact car similar w/ picanto(daming kalog) ??

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    Aside from the size, whats the diff between a Subcompact car and a full sedan? Would the vios be considered a full sedan?

my searchlist would only be cars w/ 1.3 engine para matipid po...

I drove a picanto 2-3 years ago, and it felt like everything is falling apart, maraming kalog inside the car (dashboard)... and to note the picanto was just 3 year old w/ 20T mileage reading..

Lahat ba mga sub-compact car similar w/ picanto(daming kalog) ??
    The Vios is far from a full sedan. Here's an example. Kasama na price.

Miicrocar - Picanto, i10, Spark - 500k-600k
    Sub-compact - Vios, City, Accent, Mazda2, Fiesta - 700k-850k
    Compact - Civic, Altis, Cruze, Elantra, Lancer, Focus - 850k-1m+
    Midsize Sedan(can be considered as full size sa ordinaryong pinoy) - Camry, Accord, Sonata, Galant, Teana -1.5m+
    Full Sedan - BMW 7-series, MB S-Class, Audi A8 - Don't even bother.

As you can see, malayong malayo ang Vios to be considered as a full sedan. Its a sub-compact/econo car for practical use. And hindi po katulad ito ng picanto which as you can see is not on the same level as the vios. Kung hanap mo is practical/efficient everyday car. Swak na swak sa sub-compact category yung hanap mo.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Go for the Vios. From your choices, it will probably be the closest competitor in terms of maintenance cost compared to your L300. Parts are more abundant & cheaper. It's the most practical, too. Nothing really fancy, it's just a point a-b vehicle.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks Thanks...

now I can the car classification... Just this morning, i was choosing between a GETZ and Vios... seems VIOS is the way to go... thanks

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks Thanks...

now I can the car classification... Just this morning, i was choosing between a GETZ and Vios... seems VIOS is the way to go... thanks

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    Thanks Thanks...

Among the choices on the B-Segment, the Vios is the safest and most practical choice. Yes they say its a boring car but all in all it gets the job done.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Though the Getz may look cuter and might just turn heads more than Vioses would do, the Toyota would do more than enough and has more space to boot, too. Regarding the horses, no idea, however having ridden on a Vios I can say that it's pretty fast for its size & price especially if you pick the manual.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *TS: If ever you're going for a Vios, just draw away from the 1.3 E A/T because it's quite a catch. A/T cars are quite a pain with maintenance as well as quite under-powered, even if they share the same engine with its manual sibling because of the mechanical nature of the transmission. It means to say that in order to perform, you need to press the accelerator harder with an A/T and it, somehow, adds to the petrol bill.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you are aiming for A/T subcompacts, I suggest you look at the higher 1.5L variants. Though not as fuel efficient as the 1.3L, it is still fuel efficient (and may be even more so on the highways due to a less strained engine) and gives a much better driving experience and engine performance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
suggestions for Daily drive / ride