New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I was thinking of acquiring a daily ride for work since driving the van alone on a daily basis is quite bulky plus the fuel consumption is only around 9km/ liter.. I drive an L3 versa van po.

Priority for the search of the my new ride is FC, durability, parts availability and lastly Looks..

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    I was thinking of acquiring a daily ride for work since driving the van alone on a daily basis is quite bulky plus the fuel consumption is only around 9km/ liter.. I drive an L3 versa van po.

Priority for the search of the my new ride is FC, durability, parts availability and lastly Looks..

Thanks
    There are a good variety of options to choose from each auto segment. Please determine/indicate first what type of vehicle are you looking at? A Car, AUV, Small SUV. I dropped the VAN and Large SUV from the list for you already mentioned you do not like a BULKY vehicle anymore. We'll take it from there.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you're very conscious of fuel efficiency, like your previous vehicle, I'd suggest a manual transmission diesel vehicle. And so that you will feel that the upgrade is worth it, I'd suggest something with a certain degree of performance to go with it.

Here are some options:
    Kia Carens 2.0CRDi VGT 6MT
    - this one is immensely popular in Europe and is often used as a rental car wherein it would be running hundreds or even thousands of kilometers at a time should say something about its reliability, safety, fuel efficiency and performance.
    Toyota Innova 2.5D4D 5MT
    - the generic family car choice. If you don't mind that it shouts family car from a mile away and that the ride is not exactly what you'd call very comfortable (somewhat a la Fortuner especially when empty, though at a lesser degree). But if you run rough roads a lot, this one is a good choice.
    Ford Focus 2.0TDCi Powershift
    - if you want thrifty fuel consumption along with excellent hot hatch handling and engine performance, then this is it. Of course maintenance would be a bit more expensive than its gasoline counterparts, but IMHO the good points of owning a diesel plus the performance should make up for it.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    aren't innova is little shorter than an L3?

I was thinking of a 1.3 auto such as vios or city...

Are the 1.1 korea auto MORE reliable and fuel efficient than vios or city? e.g. picanto, getz, i10?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Cars like the Innova nd Carens are about as long as a typical compact sedan. So yung gusto mo is subcompact pala? If so, I'd suggest the Hyundai Accent for best bang for the buck.

I am not sure about the reliability as excellent Korean products came out just not so long ago, so the long term reliability is yet to be seen.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Remember that although going diesel would mean less payment on your gas station bills, this is compensated by more expensive parts during your periodic maintenance. So over the long run, the savings is negligible. However, the amount of torque you get at 2000-3000RPM is amazing, feels as if you're roaming the city with a V6 under the hood

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sorry if it was mentioned already, but ano po yung working budget?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    working budget is around 700T...

I was pondering on a altis 1.6 E m/T at 800T pero i heard matakaw na raw mga 1.6 Altis, how true is this?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post

Thanks

Take your pick:

Honda Jazz
    Honda City
    Toyota Vios

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    isn't it that you have a thread: "vehicle for 6 grown men"?
    & now you're looking for a sub-compact car?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
suggestions for Daily drive / ride