New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    simple lang bro, if u had the "seeds" to play with just wait for the top of the line STi.. Ur 1 of the chosen few na makakakuha nun sa pinas! Its like choosing d likes of an evo, silvia, s2000 against the class s / top of the food chain (1k or more ponies capable n' willing) honda NSX, toyota supra or d japanese myth like nissan GTR. Pro if u have a bit of a tight budget just go for the WRX, it's a freaki'n good car as well.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think im just gonna get the normal wrx bcoz i'll use it as an everyday car. Thanks for all the suggestions! The sti costs 2.2+80k insurance i think so mga 2.3m na.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Spec C,type 25's,etc... isn't sold here so it doesn't matter. More likely its the USDM. I would opt for the Sti because it is 6 speed, more hp/tq, dccd, better suspension,brembos. Fuel efficiency is irrelevant between the WRX and the STi because force induction fuel economy is how cool you keep your right foot. STi also has the cruiser 6th gear for the highway. I like the 6th gear in my car, imagine 100 kph and just 2k rpm . You can use the STi as daily driver, my car is daily driven. Test drive both if you get the opportunity

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    STI para di ka magsisi....

No such thing as too hard to drive on the streets.... unless you mod the hell out of it.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you have the money the STI is the better choice. No contest for me there.
    You can' thave enough power.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Sipatero View Post
    Yeah i know about the 220hp vs 280hp, is it worth the wait and the money to buy the sti. The agent told me that it will come out this month or the next. The 1.7m(wrx) or the 2.2m(sti)? Pls enlighten me.

ser thread starter, ano choice mo?

btw, is it true that the upgrade kit for the WRX can make it more powerfull and faster(max 280kph) than the STI?...and is cheaper.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    ser thread starter, ano choice mo?

btw, is it true that the upgrade kit for the WRX can make it more powerfull and faster(max 280kph) than the STI?...and is cheaper.
    i don't think so kasi pano yung 6-speed transmission advantage ng STi. Replacing the whole transmission would surely be pricier.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Rode in a friend's STI recently and iba talga yung power nya compared sa WRX! But if you intend to bring passengers in your ride, you better warn them in advance cuz ramdam sobra every bump.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Rode in a friend's STI recently and iba talga yung power nya compared sa WRX! But if you intend to bring passengers in your ride, you better warn them in advance cuz ramdam sobra every bump.

di ba pedeng baguhin shocks para lumambot? lalo kung hindi naman sya pang-track?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mas ok ang WRX kaysa STI version,medyo di ok ang WRX STI rito dahil Euro-Asian version ang nandito hindi yung 300hp USDM...Oh well sulit naman ang WRX...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subaru Impreza wrx or wrx sti?