New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yeah i know about the 220hp vs 280hp, is it worth the wait and the money to buy the sti. The agent told me that it will come out this month or the next. The 1.7m(wrx) or the 2.2m(sti)? Pls enlighten me.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    STI C-Spec

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    actually its 230hp vs 300hp kung 06-07 models. if you are going to bring it to the track or make it a track day car then the sti would be better but if you're just driving it on highways and cities then the wrx would be more than enough. i also read somewhere that the wrx is the more civilized one and better suited as a daily driver.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    If I were to buy a Subaru I'd get the 320hp USDM STI Why? Because you want speed right di yon gray market lang meron. Subic converted pls value your life.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    STI! STI! STI!!! car ah! lol

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    If I were to buy a Subaru I'd get the 320hp USDM STI Why? Because you want speed right di yon gray market lang meron. Subic converted pls value your life.
    I think the thread starter is referring to brand new units from Motor Image Pilipinas (the official distirbutor of Subaru here in the PI).

The Impreza WRX is already more than enough for Philippine roads but if you have the money to burn - then go for the WRX STi.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    P2.2M for the STi at motorimage? i thought it was at P2.4M?

imo apart from the higher HP, the STi has so much more technology in it than the standard WRX but if you will find it difficult to appreciate those items then better get a standard model.

at the prices you mentioned there's that half a million price difference(money is money) if it's in the budget anyway may as well...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    your priorities?

if only for daily use= WRX
    for something more exciting = STI

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tama naman, if you're using it daily, the WRX is a better choice, lower fuel consumption, tamer ride... relatively... and it's still just as exciting to thread through traffic.

But: if you're itching for more power and more ability, be warned... it'll cost a lot of moolah to upgrade a regular WRX to STi grade, and it's not just a simple case of tweaking turbos.

If you eventually want the full STi experience, you might as well pony up to buy the STi.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    for me, wrx or wrx sti will do but kung need for speed talaga you should visit this site: http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...d_type_25.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87aN0fB284Q
    fully tweaked WRX STI spec c. its performance is at Porsche 911 numbers..
    Last edited by cyrusblutrooper; February 7th, 2007 at 01:06 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Subaru Impreza wrx or wrx sti?