New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ksl0588 View Post
    Thanks for the information. But what do you guys have to say regarding resale value? That is the only concern i have now before buying need expert opinions if possible
    Buy the one you like the best and you won't have to think about resale. Sure, you won't hold onto it forever but if it gives you more smiles per mile than the other models you were considering then you won't feel so bad come resale time if it doesn't hold as much value.

I would be more concerned with availability of parts and services as well as the ease of servicing. Not really fond of cars that you have to reprogram every time you change the battery or vehicles which have unserviceable (non repairable) parts which can only be replaced as a huge and expensive 'assembly' instead of only the faulty part itself.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thanks for the information. But what do you guys have to say regarding resale value? That is the only concern i have now before buying need expert opinions if possible
    Resale value is a non-issue. All three cars sell for roughly the same price secondhand. Note, however, that prior to this facelift, the RAV4 was incredibly expensive, so that similar price means it loses more value than the other two. All three are 2012-2013 facelifts, so don't expect calamitous price drops for another five years.

But then, none of these cars will be as easy to sell secondhand as a diesel SUV. All will lose approximately 600,000 pesos in value within five years (diesels like the Fort 4x4 will lose around 500-600k also... base 2.5s, not so much). That's on top of the 100,000 (give or take) you'll spend gassing up and maintaining them. Resale? Forget about it. If resale matters, buy a three year old secondhand car that's already lost some 400,000 pesos in value, but still has warranty. Bonus, since all three (RAV4, CRV, Fozzie) have just been facelifted, you can lop another 100,000 off the price since three year olds are now "old" rather than "current" models.

Don't want secondhand? Then don't ask about resale.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If you want a car that doesn't consume gas too fast, get a DIESEL CUV...

Is this your only car or coding car?

Better test drive the cars..

Tama sabi ng mga fellow tsikoteers... don't think so much with resale value.. Ang importante kung ano ang gusto mo.

FORESTER get my vote.. +1

BTW, ok ang service ng MI Global...

hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right forums to post in, but can anyone suggest the best car for me between the 3 choices mentioned in the topic? i am looking for a 5 seater which doesn't consume gas too fast, has good and comfortable seating, good driving, and looks good both interior and exterior. I am looking for the price range between 1.2 - 1.5m and the car should be gas powered. I am not well versed with cars and we are currently looking for a good car for our family.

thanks in advance!
    Last edited by imperialv; April 14th, 2013 at 08:50 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks again for the opinion, guys. Actually we are buying an extra car for coding days. I already explained to my fam members that re-sale value is not really a concern in our situation. But the next question is, the service provided by the dealers. They have good service until 3 months after your purchase, after that, they forget you. That is what happened when we bought our fortuner at toyota pasong tamo ext. Now we are worrying about the service of subaru global city, if it gives a long-time good service to its clients, and for the rav4, im not buying it from pasong tamo ext anymore. What can you guys say about the service of these cars? Any suggestions?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks again for the opinion, guys. Actually we are buying an extra car for coding days. I already explained to my fam members that re-sale value is not really a concern in our situation. But the next question is, the service provided by the dealers. They have good service until 3 months after your purchase, after that, they forget you. That is what happened when we bought our fortuner at toyota pasong tamo ext. Now we are worrying about the service of subaru global city, if it gives a long-time good service to its clients, and for the rav4, im not buying it from pasong tamo ext anymore. What can you guys say about the service of these cars? Any suggestions?
    Probably go with CRV if that is a main concern. Relatively available parts everywhere compared to the other two and you can pretty much get it serviced anywhere outside the casa for the majority of common fixes. I'm not sure if the same is applicable to the new RAV4.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Try mo ang service sa toyota mnl bay, dun ako nag papa pms ng rav4 gen2 ko, the best part is pwede mo panoorin habang ginagawa and you can talk with the mechanic.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    maintenance of the 3. The Forester would be the most expensive but better service than honda or Toyota.

from the three ill vote the Forester if it's turbo, if not, its a toss up between Rav and crv.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    baka makatulong

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Talking about parts; I would say, Who needs parts sa RAV 4. That's how reliable it is, same as the Forester.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you're talking about a Corolla, yes, sort of. If you're talking about a RAV4, for which parts are not as easy to find... no. It will be easy to maintain because it's new, but not really any easier than a CR-V.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast