New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thank you sa feedback guys. As of now, im leaning more on forester, but still thinking about the rav4. Hehe pero mukhang matagal ang waiting list para sa rav4. Para sa akin hindi ganun kaganda ang front and back bumper ng rav4, maganda na sana siguro kung all metal yung harap pero nagmukhang plastic ung bumpers. Sa interior naman ng lahat ng choices ko na auto, yung radio halos same lahat yung old style (not big screen). Mahirap talaga makapag decide kung alin ang bibilhin.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Another thing, sa pagka-alala ko, yung 2012 honda crv medyo pangit yung likod, parang hindi proportion. Nag-iba ba yung ichura sa 2013 crv? Parang napansin ko medyo nabawasan yung umbok sa likod?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    A, eh, kung ganun ser Forester ka na. Mukhang yun naman napupusuan mo.

Follow your heart, ika nga.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    my vote goes to the Forester (TOTL)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    As most would say test drive, test drive, test drive. If maintenance cost is something you are also considering the CRV would be the choice as parts and service will be cheaper than the Forester. My vote is for Forester, right now during the introductory price.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Forester has superior AWD to the RAV4 and CRV. IF that's important to you, go with the Forester.

Go for the XT if you can stretch your budget so you have another big advantage - it's a lot faster compared to all the other Jap & Korean 5-seater SUV's. With the CVT, I don't think fuel consumption will be too far off the RAV and CRV either.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Visited the dealers a while ago and now i am deciding between the forester and the rav4. Last important question, which car would have a better resale value in around 2-3 years if both are well maintained? Can anyone with resale experience answer this question? This has been on my mind for the whole day while looking at cars

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    hope this link helps...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/219849/c...mparison-test/

rank is as follows :
    #1 Mazda CX5 (with the new 2.5 skactive engine) - winner
    #2 Volkswagen Tiguan - 1st place
    #3 Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4 - Tie - 2nd place
    #4 Mitsubishi Outlander - 3rd place
    #5 Subaru Forester (XT model) - 4th place.

Note that the prices OF THE FOLLOWING CAR MODELS in AUSTRALIA ARE PRETTY CLOSE. In the Philippines the price of the RAV4 and the CX5 are pretty much overprice. In my own opinion despite the Subaru forester placing last in this comparo...I'd still choose the subaru forester 2.0i-L for its value for money, huge interior, generous tech goodies, and tons of safety features. the only downside i can see in the forester is the price of its spare parts...note that one shock absorber costs 13180...!!!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the information. But what do you guys have to say regarding resale value? That is the only concern i have now before buying need expert opinions if possible

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Toyota is known for its high resale value....cant say the same with subaru as it is a new company in the Philippines (motorimage entered the philippines in 2006). It is only recently that they became aggressive and their products became popular with the start of the wrx, forester, and the xv. It may take some time before we can conclude if Subaru has a high resale value. I have to say though that the huge discounts it made to dispose its previous generation forester would highly make its resale value LOW.

Quote Originally Posted by ksl0588 View Post
    Thanks for the information. But what do you guys have to say regarding resale value? That is the only concern i have now before buying need expert opinions if possible

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast