New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by josekuj View Post
    both are the latest models. Can you guys tell me what the pros and cons for each car are thanks.
    If you need luggage space, get the Forester. The XV is smaller and lighter. Both cars use the same engine and tranny so expect around similar FC in Metro Manila traffic, maybe a small advantage to the XV.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Easy reference

Single: XV
    Married: Fozzy

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Amen to that, bro!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Get the XV while the SRP is still good.

It has a lot more toys and doodads than the Forester at the moment. The interior definitely looks better too, while the Forester has more space.

Both have the same ride height (220mm) with similar suspension (MacPhersons in front, double wishbone at the back) though the tuning on the XV is reportedly slightly different, as the XV is on a newer platform. The test drive was both on pavement so I really couldn't tell the difference between the two.

The XV has a similar engine to the Forester but not the same; it's the FB20 engine for both but the XV's has direct injection (producing 4 more hp). The advantage the XV has over the Forester, though, is the newer version of Subaru's lineartronic CVT, and you'll notice this when you test-drive both (which I did).
    Last edited by Verbl Kint; November 16th, 2017 at 07:54 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Get the XV while the SRP is still good.

It has a lot more toys and doodads than the Forester at the moment. The interior definitely looks better too, while the Forester has more space.

Both have the same ride height (220mm) with similar suspension (MacPhersons in front, double wishbone at the back) though the tuning on the XV is reportedly slightly different, as the XV is on a newer platform. The test drive was both on pavement so I really couldn't tell the difference between the two.

The XV has a similar engine to the Forester but not the same; it's the FB20 engine for both but the XV's has direct injection (producing 4 more hp). The advantage the XV has over the Forester, though, is the newer version of Subaru's lineartronic CVT, and you'll notice this when you test-drive both (which I did).
    The new XV is based off the new Impreza platform. The new Forester platform is most likely available by 2019 (late 2018 in the US).

The small difference in power output is negligible in day to day driving. Subie's vehicles with the FB20 engine offers adequate performance but not something to warm up the senses of sorts.

It all boils down to size preferences. You can't upgrade/modify a vehicle to become bigger unlike its audio system, or suspension, or engine.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by josekuj View Post
    none so far but am planning to buy the car just for myself naman. I just wanna know which has the better drive, features, etc.
    had the 2012 xv and 2014 xt, basing my opinion there.

if driving. i prefer the xv on the twisty roads. xt is definitely top heavy compared to xv. on the straights and power though, xt all the way. and on bumps/holes. xv seems to handle it better than xt. can it be because the xt has bigger rim size? maybe. or maybe how the suspension was tuned.

and as many has said. single go xv. with kids go forester. both can also be fitted with cross bar and a thule. which i use. for more cargo.

space and more headroom. go forester. just going in the xv you will have to bow and twist a little if you are . . . rounded. on the forester. open the door. put one foot inside. slide the buttocks. put another foot inside. close the door.

but once inside. i prefer the xv driving position. because things seems to be closer or in reach. as a passenger, forester. grand parents prefer the forester too. they dont need to hold the door frame when going in or out.

on the offroad. xt. because of the x-drive. it works.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I would get the xv 1.6 s eyesight model...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I heard na walang eyesight yung XV na irerelease sa atin. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my UP Prime using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by aaduremdez View Post
    I heard na walang eyesight yung XV na irerelease sa atin. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my UP Prime using Tapatalk
    yes wala ngang eyesight maybe in the next year pa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12