New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    That's BS marketing. The premium model is the same as the base model but has the extra features of the XT model with the exception of the turbo engine. You might as well go aftermarket as 70k can get you 19" or 20" wheels plus tires or buy them from Premium/XT owners who upgraded their wheels. Somebody wrote before that MI is one dealer that is not too stringent on voiding suspension warranty with the use of aftermarket wheels & tires as there are a lot of Subie owners who go the upgrade route after getting their vehicles.
    That's why I was taken aback when they said that it may void the warranty. Considering I'll be getting the same tire/mags "from them" that they're using for the premium and not aftermarket.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilder View Post
    Good point. Actually I asked the SA when I test driven the Forester and he said it's at 30 psi. Not sure if he's correct as there was no way for me to validate.
    Nothing a handy tire pressure gauge can handle, I have a small one that can fit in my pocket.

Based on reviews from some CUV owners here, the Forester and CX-5 are the models which have stiffer suspensions. Both are the best handling and with responsive drives compared to the rest of the competition.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good point. Actually I asked the SA when I test driven the Forester and he said it's at 30 psi. Not sure if he's correct as there was no way for me to validate.
    Nothing a handy tire pressure gauge can handle, I have a small one that can fit in my pocket.

Based on reviews from some CUV owners here, the Forester and CX-5 are the models which have stiffer suspensions. Both are the best handling and with responsive drives compared to the rest of the competition.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    id go with forester....as for the stiff ride. tire pressure probably wasnt adjusted. test drive again and bring test unit to the service bay.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Handling is superb for both the Forester & XV. Sarap i-drive...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    id go with forester....as for the stiff ride. tire pressure probably wasnt adjusted. test drive again and bring test unit to the service bay.
    I've been thinking of doing another test drive for the Forester before I decide.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    I noticed that no one has favored the XV yet.

Any thoughts from existing XV owners?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    nice problem you got there. for 1.25M the forester base is a bargain for that price. grab it before someone else does ;)

8. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    nice problem you got there. for 1.25M the forester base is a bargain for that price. grab it before someone else does ;)
    Yup! Definitely a bargain. Will be making that decision in a few days.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    bigger the better. mas maganda ang stance ng forester compared sa xv.. tsaka certified by "dogs"yan xv eh.. hindi ka naman dog..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1. XV has a more comfortable ride compared to Forester's bumpiness especially felt in the rear (wife felt dizzy).
    This is true. I've driven the Forester several times. The XT, with its thinner tires, actually rides better, though it's still stiff... I guess the extra weight ties it down better.

Far as I can figure, the sidewalls on the taller tires on the 2.0i amplify the stiffness of the suspension. (ergo, it's not simply a tire pressure thing... I had a 2.0i for a week, and it wasn't the most comfortable car to ride in the back of.)

-

You can address the stiffness by spending a little more after the purchase on Bilstein shocks. It won't change the stiffness of the springs, no, but it'll make the ride more controlled, and hopefully more comfortable for rear seat passengers.

-

The XV is more practical... in my experience, it's about 0.5 - 1 km/l better in traffic. It's easier to drive, and doesn't feel "tippy" when cornering, like the Forester 2.0i does. Ergo... it drives just like a car.

-

I was going to say "I believe the Forester will retain more secondhand value over the next five years", but looking through the ads... that's a wash... Secondhand Fozzie and XV values are roughly similar.

-

All you're getting extra with the Fozzie is cargo space and somewhat better flood wading and off-road capability. Up to you whether that's worth spending extra on the car and some more extra past that to fix the ride.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast