New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Which is better between the 2 in terms of value for money, space, features and comfort?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Space, the Fozzie

Features, it's a tie, though the CX5's iStop is a great feature.

Comfort, the CX5 rides more comfortably, and has better tires for wet conditions.

Value-for-money... depends on what you want... the Fozzie XT has great ground clearance, incredible power and X-Mode. The CX-5 has good power, great economy and great agility.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2005

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Space, the Fozzie

Features, it's a tie, though the CX5's iStop is a great feature.

Comfort, the CX5 rides more comfortably, and has better tires for wet conditions.

Value-for-money... depends on what you want... the Fozzie XT has great ground clearance, incredible power and X-Mode. The CX-5 has good power, great economy and great agility.
    how is it compared to bmw's? i find the bmw annoying kasi.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    BTW, it's for my sister. It'll be the replacement of her Jazz. Mostly city driving with occassional out of town trips. She also wants a balance of power and fuel efficiency. Consideration also are the active and passive safety features.

We test drove both, she likes the pulling power of the Fozie but she also likes the features of the CX-5 like the iStop and the blind spot warning feature. In short, she is really torn between the 2 CUVs.

That's why I turned to tsikot for help.

Last edited by numbah5; November 8th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    CX-5 AWD ako. Practical ako eh.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    CX5 din vote ko dyan

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No one really needs AWD in the city, so you can even shoot lower for a 2WD crossover... or even a bigger truck like the Trailblazer or Sorento. The FWD Sorento is a grand bargain in terms of power for your peso. It's only slightly slower than the Fozzie XT in terms of acceleration. (about 0.5 seconds slower to 100 km/h) and much more economical and spacious.

Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    how is it compared to bmw's? i find the bmw annoying kasi.
    Some people hate it. I like it. It's not as abrupt as some "hybrids" when the engine comes on because of the way it pre-primes the cylinder to fire exactly when it cranks (saves wear on starter, too). If you time it so that you activate the engine just as you take off, you won't notice it.

And you can turn it off if you want.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    No one really needs AWD in the city, so you can even shoot lower for a 2WD crossover... or even a bigger truck like the Trailblazer or Sorento. The FWD Sorento is a grand bargain in terms of power for your peso. It's only slightly slower than the Fozzie XT in terms of acceleration. (about 0.5 seconds slower to 100 km/h) and much more economical and spacious.

Some people hate it. I like it. It's not as abrupt as some "hybrids" when the engine comes on because of the way it pre-primes the cylinder to fire exactly when it cranks (saves wear on starter, too). If you time it so that you activate the engine just as you take off, you won't notice it.

And the new FWD CX-5 has iStop na rin naman. Plus other updates for a bargain of a price.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    And the new FWD CX-5 has iStop na rin naman. Plus other updates for a bargain of a price.
    It's not the issue of it being AWD. We just prefer TOTL variants para walang regrets in the end. Sorento is already ageing na kaya scratch siya sa choices. We don't know, maybe my sister will come across a scenario that the AWD will come in handy. That's why our choices are the TOTL variants of the Fozzie and CX-5.

niky, we don't need another Trailblazer in our garage hehehehe. One is enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subaru Forester 2.0 XT or Mazda CX-5 2.5 AWD Sport