New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I think either of them are good and I was in the same situation a few months ago...

Forester XT pros for me are:
    - more power so more fun (240hp vs 185hp)
    - interior seems slightly bigger as big windows/sunroof probably help create this feel

While CX-5 AWD pros for me are:
    - lower acquisition cost as with discounts and Youjin maintenance plan, you get at least 250k pesos in savings
    - more convenience features like 8-point parking sensors (vs 0 for Forester) and blind spot warning system

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_kills View Post
    I think either of them are good and I was in the same situation a few months ago...

Forester XT pros for me are:
    - more power so more fun (240hp vs 185hp)
    - interior seems slightly bigger as big windows/sunroof probably help create this feel

While CX-5 AWD pros for me are:
    - lower acquisition cost as with discounts and Youjin maintenance plan, you get at least 250k pesos in savings
    - more convenience features like 8-point parking sensors (vs 0 for Forester) and blind spot warning system

Malaking bagay yung parking sensors at blind spot warning feature sa lady driver lalo na sa city. Power, 185hp is to much for her lalo na mostly city driven lang. So, mas favor ang CX5 dito.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    CX-5 wins guys. Dad and mom's decision which my sister didn't contest as she also likes the CX-5. If we have the budget next year, the CX-5 will replace the Jazz, on the same year an upgraded(?) 3.2 Ranger Wildtrak will replace my mom's Strada. What stood out on the CX-5 is the Yojin 3, the iStop, the blind spot warning system and the auto transmission. My mom didn't like the shifting methods of the CVT of the Fozzie aside from the huge cost of maintenance if it breaks down.

Resale value is kind of important for us pero with the Yojin 3 parang ok lang na mababa resale value ng Mazda.

No worries that the Fozzie wasn't chosen as we just bought a Subaru recently

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    CX-5 wins guys. Dad and mom's decision which my sister didn't contest as she also likes the CX-5. If we have the budget next year, the CX-5 will replace the Jazz, on the same year an upgraded(?) 3.2 Ranger Wildtrak will replace my mom's Strada. What stood out on the CX-5 is the Yojin 3, the iStop, the blind spot warning system and the auto transmission. My mom didn't like the shifting methods of the CVT of the Fozzie aside from the huge cost of maintenance if it breaks down.

Resale value is kind of important for us pero with the Yojin 3 parang ok lang na mababa resale value ng Mazda.

No worries that the Fozzie wasn't chosen as we just bought a Subaru recently

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Nice choice, congrats bro!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Nice choice sir. The CX 5 looks better for me and matches to girl drivers too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi gusy,

Just wanna ask something about the Foresters CVT. Matibay ba ito at hindi problematic kagaya nung sa Jazz dati? I know some manufacturers are resulting into this tech pero nakakatakot kasi kapag nagkaroon ng problem yung CVT.

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subaru Forester 2.0 XT or Mazda CX-5 2.5 AWD Sport