New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Choosing between the two right now.
    Budget is 1.5M tops.
    Consideration is comfort and ride, for daily use in the city (with driver for the wife) but would be driving it myself on weekends (city and out of town).
    Of course, reliability and headache-free ownership and maintenance are other considerations. Prefer CUV over sedans.
    Thanks for the inputs especially from those who have both or either of these cars.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Forester X vs. a Santa Fe ?

I`d pick the latter. ;)

Kung Forester XT lang sana ...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    comfort and ride? go for the sta. fe.

personally ill go for forester turbo. great handling and power but i guess your needs are different kaya sta. fe na lang.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    kung si foresterx gusto na ibenta forester nya to get a santa fe eh. cased closed. period. p.s. no more.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    kung si foresterx gusto na ibenta forester nya to get a santa fe eh. cased closed. period. p.s. no more.
    i was planning to sell my forester but i wasn't sure what to replace it yet, santa fe was one of the choices. the replacement would be for my wife and i was planning to get a legacy or wrx for me. pero di na tuloy since i got a bigger condo instead.

even if it's the XT against the santa fe, the 2 can't really be compared since they're both in a different class. it will all depend on how you'll use it, if you want power get the XT if you want a good 7 seater and practicality then the sta fe is for you.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    comfort and ride? go for the sta. fe.

personally ill go for forester turbo. great handling and power but i guess your needs are different kaya sta. fe na lang.
    I prefer the ride and comfort for subaru... Sta. Fe is economical....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for the replies.
    It's 3-1 so far in favor of the Sta Fe, but I guess there are happy owners of both these cars.
    Any downsides of either?
    Still have a couple of weeks to decide...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    It's 3-1 so far in favor of the Sta Fe, but I guess there are happy owners of both these cars.
    Any downsides of either?
    Still have a couple of weeks to decide...
    The downside of having a forester over the SF is maintenance... Mas mahal ang maintenance ng forester sa SF and there is only 1 CASA unlike sa hyundai na madami na.

But if you're into racing, mas mabilis and madaming options for upgrades ang forester kaysa sa SF

and 2.0 lang naman ang option mo diba.. get the SF na... + 1 ako..

Subaru Forester 2.0 or Sta Fe 2.2 Diesel?