New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    I checked the new Swift yesterday. Pag upo ko sa driver's seat napa "wow" ako. Sakto pala! Hindi naman ganun kasikip. Then I found out na naka adjust na all the way to back yung driver's seat. Then I also check the 2nd row seats. Halos hindi na ko makagalaw. My knees were literally grazing the front seats and my head is almost touching the car's ceiling. Hindi ako katangkaran. My height's just average.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vin23 View Post
    I checked the new Swift yesterday. Pag upo ko sa driver's seat napa "wow" ako. Sakto pala! Hindi naman ganun kasikip. Then I found out na naka adjust na all the way to back yung driver's seat. Then I also check the 2nd row seats. Halos hindi na ko makagalaw. My knees were literally grazing the front seats and my head is almost touching the car's ceiling. Hindi ako katangkaran. My height's just average.

Like I said, MINI din yung interior.

For my money, I would rather get a small car with more interior space.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Then I asked kung magkano. Binigyan nya ko ng pricelist nila then tinuro nya yung Swift 1.5 A/T 770,000 ata yung nakalagay. Napataas na lang yung kilay ko at umalis kasi yung tinignan kong swift is the new 1.4 model at manual transmission pa. LOL

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tuazon7 View Post
    Considering on getting our 2nd car, mostly to be driven by my wifey. Have several options in mind but has also some apprehension as described below. Need your inputs please...

1st option - Honda Jazz 1.5 A/T , but an all-new model is coming out most likely in 2 years time
    2nd option - Ford Fiesta Hatch Sports, heard issues on the front suspension and rear 'kalampag'
    3rd option - All-New Suzuki Swift A/T, only 4-speed auto and no first-hand experience on a Suzuki
    4th option - Soon to be release All-New Toyota Yaris A/T, looks like a Vios
    Last option - All-New Accent Hatch, still has not that confidence on a Hyundai (no pun intended)
    Tuazon,

let me share my opinion on your options:

1st option - Jazz - is indeed a great car. Best in Space, Superb FC (3 years in a row award for Most Fuel Efficient and placed 2nd in the DOE Eco run 2009), Highest Resale Value among all your choices. However, there is a long line for the new mmc Jazz, so if you pick this car prepare to wait. Also, it's the most expensive among the lot. As for the All-New model, we'll expect another 2 - 3 years for that. That's rather a long wait for your wife.

2nd option - Fiesta Sport - looks really good, 1.6 engine, priced really great. The only sure thing Jazz beats this car at is space. As for the suspensions, marami nga reports but since I only got to test drive this baby and couldn't give you a reliable comment on that.

3rd option - Swift - Have yet to see the new model, but I think its really really small in terms of space. mabibitiin kalang when you need to load stuff.

4th option - Yaris - The all new toyota yaris was launched Dec 2010 in Japan. though, i think we can expect this car mid-2012 earliest, thats even long wait. I saw pictures, I think it's smaller in terms of space than the Jazz but it looks good and you know its built to last since it's a Toyota. Here's a link : 2011 Toyota Yaris at Australian International Motor Show 2011 | Car Advice | Reviews

Last option - i feel the same way as you do. The new Accent Hatch won't arrive till next year tho according to Top Gear Phil.

Soooo..... If you plan to buy within 2011, your choices are Jazz, Fiesta and Swift. But if you're planning on buying next year, you can wait for the new Yaris which I think should be in the top 2 choices if it was available.

Tho... I think your wife should be able to test drive all and get her inputs since she'll be using it mostly. Also do a ranking on what aspects of the car do you prioritize. Fuel Economy? Looks? Handling? Space? Resale Value? Exclusivity? etc. Good luck!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    go test drive a mazda2 and feel what we're all raving about. hehe.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Ok din Mazda 2. Pero mas prefer ko yung sedan 1.5 MT.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ayaw ko lang yung looks ng sedan, mas maganda yung hacthback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    amen! for 725k, ok siya. you get a sweet handling, slick shifting, spritely little car. :D

afaik, better drag co-efficient din yung sedan versus the hatchback :P hehe
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5 View Post
    amen! for 725k, ok siya. you get a sweet handling, slick shifting, spritely little car. :D

afaik, better drag co-efficient din yung sedan versus the hatchback :P hehe
    meron na bang naka retrofit projector HLs sa inyo mga M2ners? I keep having that picture in my head of an M2 with that setup...

BTT: Mazda 2 or Honda Jazz...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    meron na bang naka retrofit projector HLs sa inyo mga M2ners? I keep having that picture in my head of an M2 with that setup...

BTT: Mazda 2 or Honda Jazz...

wala pa e. wanna be the first? hehehe

mazda 2 or honda jazz
    exterior - mazda2 - i prefer the sporty and flowing profile of the 2 rather than the boxy and sharp nature of the jazz.
    interior - mazda2 - fell in love with the quirkiness. the 2 has a circular find-the-hidden-mickey theme, the jazz has a (sorry to say) washing machine-look center console. hehe may parts na ok ang looks ng interior ng 2, same with the jazz.
    engine - honda jazz - feels just more refined compared to all its competitors - always a honda advantage
    suspension - honda jazz - i like the suspension of the 2. sarap ng handling yet supple sa big bottom ko. no experience sa jazz but i voted or it mainly because of the kalampag problem (which mazda will eventually solve) the 2 has and the recent B-segment comparo win sa C! magazine
    space - honda jazz - hands down.
    transmission (assuming both top of the line) - honda jazz - traditional a/t versus controllable shifting via steering paddles. nuff said
    price (assuming both top of the line) -mazda2 - around 50k more ang honda jazz * 850k+. that's compact car territory na
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Sub-Compact Car Options