New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Saw the new Swift, its somewhat bigger than the old Swift. The boot space is still very small...

Still has anyone driven it to see if the engine power has been compromised compared to the old Swift since it now has a smaller engine with less horses...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I tested both before and ended up buying the Jazz. I am 200% sure you will not regret buying one. The Jazz is the most practical car out there. Tipid sa gas, laki ng space, madaling i-maneho. And remember, if its gonna be your wife's car, let her do the test drive.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1.4s aren't as powerful as the new generation 1.5s and 1.6s, but they're not slow. In fact, if you're picking between a manual transmission 1.4 or an automatic 1.5 or 1.6, you'll be more satisfied with the response of the 1.4.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    One thing I liked sa Swift is may M/T counterpart sya. How I wish may 1.5 M/T rin na Jazz dito sa pinas.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    1.4s aren't as powerful as the new generation 1.5s and 1.6s, but they're not slow. In fact, if you're picking between a manual transmission 1.4 or an automatic 1.5 or 1.6, you'll be more satisfied with the response of the 1.4.
    1.4 engine to compete with other small-engined hatchbacks... hmmmm

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I tested both before and ended up buying the Jazz. I am 200% sure you will not regret buying one. The Jazz is the most practical car out there. Tipid sa gas, laki ng space, madaling i-maneho. And remember, if its gonna be your wife's car, let her do the test drive.
    the jazz is indeed a very good car. the problem is the long wait for the units...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    SWIFT: Suzuki is supposed to come out with an all new SWIFT soon. But even then, the swift is a small car, just good enough for four people and a few days worth of groceries. The only thing noteworthy about this car is it looks somewhat like a MINI.
    The Swift can accomodate 5 person and natitiklop yun sandalan sa likod. Yun sinasabi mong 4 people lang ang kaya is the Alto.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 8th, 2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: fixed quoting

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    The Swift can accomodate 5 person and natitiklop yun sandalan sa likod. Yun sinasabi mong 4 people lang ang kaya is the Alto.
    ang ibig siguro sabihin ni sir GH ay "good enough to seat four people COMFORTABLY". kasya naman talaga limang tao kaso kung malaki katawan nung mga sasakay siguro medyo cramped na. hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    jazz - for the ULT seats ba tawag dun? for flexibility na rin, i'd go for this one
    new accent - worth trying so it goes on my 2nd list.
    both have been rated to have a good space and boot to load. sa mga pinagpalang mga araw na nakaka pag drive ako, malaking bagay lagi sa akin ang cargo area since mostly family trips or personal eh may naka ready na akong mapaglalagyan. it's not that i'm pushing you to go for these models ha, i just wanna say i value space din kasi with some good exterior/interior looks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post

True that you can fit 5 people in the swift but you wouldn't want to go anywhere far because those in the back seat will be complaining real soon about the loss of blood circulation in their extremities.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Sub-Compact Car Options