New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    durable ba talaga gamitin in long period of time?I'm aiming to have one pref. m/t..
    please give some more infos about this man made machine?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alcapone View Post
    durable ba talaga gamitin in long period of time?I'm aiming to have one pref. m/t..
    please give some more infos about this man made machine?
    It has the same engine of the APV so basically maintenance parts are somewhat easy to find. It's a basic truck, and even though it's a mini-SUV or labeled as cross-over to some. It rides rough mainly due to the ladder chassis.

Still, it is a good vehicle to own. Quite reliable. Is it durable? Yes. I can attest to that as many Bukidnon people still use theirs for farm-work-home duty.

The only problem will be the parts. Since it is a typical Suzuki, expect prices to be a little bit expensive compared to Toyota's. Other interior trims are also quite expensive and can only be bought from CASA, hey, it's also an old car so expect it to be.

Consumption is around 7-8 km/l on Automatic, city driving. Expect efficiency to be better in M/T. On highways, as long as it's under 2K rpm, it should yield around 10 km/l. Don't race this vehicle as the transmission was tuned for off-road duty, short ratios meant it will cruise happily between 70-100 kph. Going beyond that, it will really guzzle gas.

Let's wait for Doc OTEP since I think he is more well-versed with this Zuk.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    drey: thank you i appreciate your good review .

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alcapone View Post
    drey: thank you i appreciate your good review .
    NP Alcapone. If you need more answers. Try reading these links.

http://tsikot.com/forums/suzuki-cars...merged%5D-226/
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Got one of those, very durable the suspension was almost maintenance free, fast enough, smooth ride just like the ride of CUV. I sold it coz I was afraid of the spare parts might be limited soon. But now, Im planning to get one again (2nd hand) and turn it into an hardcore SUV as my project.

Problems i encountered were weak A/C, kalampag in dashboard, door trim easily gets rip.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    if you can find a good unit... yes. like every other brand if it has been abused by the previous owner then it's a money pit.

as for the ride since it has a short wheelbase with ladder chassis ride is a bit bouncy

aircon, had mine retrofitted with original denso evaporator and compressor. and a/c can handle these hot days with just the #2 fan speed.

still good to own pa ba 1st Gen Vitara95-00?