New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I know its not an apple to apple comparison but I'll be replacing my forester soon, can't decide between the two. I love the legacy if it was just me i'd get the legacy with out having second thoghts but since i have a family i have to consider a bigger car. I have hiace grandia, hilux and crosswind as a company car that i can use anytime i want so that's the reason why i can consider the smaller legacy over the cx-9 but iba pa din if you own the car. I don't need the higher ground clearance of an suv since i live in the city and my daily route never gets flooded. I don't need the extra seats since my usuall passengers are my wife, 3yr old and a 7 month old. I like the comfort of the cx-9 but love the performance of the legacy. If you we're in my position, which would you get?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Legacy FTW!

One thing i heard about the CX9 was its atrocious FC. Otherwise, both are good cars and rank high on the fun to drive factor. Given your criteria, it seems the Legacy is more for you and is closer to the Forester in terms of performance.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since you like the Legacy so much, then the Legacy it is. The CX9 drinks gas like there's no tomorrow and has a 180km/h speed governor.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mazda CX9 3.7 V6 = Php 2,899,000.00
    Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5GT = Php 2,148,000.00

Why not opt for the Subaru OUTBACK 3.6R which is priced at Php2,298,000.00

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I don't like the outback, parang pang matanda kasi ang dating niya.

I know the price difference is big, but if i get the legacy i'm sure i wont be able to stop modding it. Ngayon pa nga lang ang dami ko na gusto gawin incase yon ang bilin ko. So im sure in the future ill be spending more if i get the legacy. Unlike if i get the cx-9, ill just keep it as is.

Anyway i still have a couple of months to decide since i'm still saving up for it. I was planning to buy a sorento last july but i was disappointed with the build quality so i decided to save up a little more and get the car i really want na lang.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The CX9 is a much better car overall, except for the consumption. And the price difference isn't so big, anymore, because of JPEPA, right? Last I heard it was 2.3 or 2.4m.

While the CX9 is fun to drive, it's almost as big as an Expedition, and it feels like it in crowded traffic. If that's an issue for you, then it's best you go for the sedan, instead.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    2,362,000 na lang pala cx-9

Yup niky that's another issue for me, i dno't want to get a big car as much as possible since our streets and parkings are too small. My forester right now has so many door dings no matter how far i park from the entrance of a mall or grocery. PUV's hitting my side mirror and MC's scratching my car dahil sumisingit sa gitna. No matter how safe or careful i was, there are still a-holes who prevents my car from being scratch free. I could just imagine if i get a bigger car what will happen.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    2,362,000 na lang pala cx-9

Yup niky that's another issue for me, i dno't want to get a big car as much as possible since our streets and parkings are too small. My forester right now has so many door dings no matter how far i park from the entrance of a mall or grocery. PUV's hitting my side mirror and MC's scratching my car dahil sumisingit sa gitna. No matter how safe or careful i was, there are still a-holes who prevents my car from being scratch free. I could just imagine if i get a bigger car what will happen.
    Naku naman~ kawawa ng Forester mo, bro! So far hindi pa yan nangyayari sa akin ah, my side mirrors were never moved nor were there scratches gained from unruly motorcycles. Where is your route nga ba? Ba't naging ganon? You could've asked for compensation for the scratches, did you?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hah. Compensation from a PUJ driver or MC rider on a 1k a month plan? Might as well try to wring blood from a stone.

The good thing about a big car is that you have presence. People tend to notice you and avoid you. It's also in how you position yourself... But then you really can't avoid anything.

You will love the CX9. hell, I feel it drives with more chutzpah than the CX7. But no matter how cheap JPEPA makes it, it's not a cheap car to own.

Or you could totally go all midlife crisis and get a MINI.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Naku naman~ kawawa ng Forester mo, bro! So far hindi pa yan nangyayari sa akin ah, my side mirrors were never moved nor were there scratches gained from unruly motorcycles. Where is your route nga ba? Ba't naging ganon? You could've asked for compensation for the scratches, did you?
    Iba iba route ko bro eh, pero mostly edsa. Pag side mirror ko tinatamaan hinahayaan ko na lang since di naman nasira kesa maki pag away pa ko. Yung gasgas madalas motor tatakbuhan ako. Pag trafdic wala na ko magagawa. Twice ko lang binabaan since walang traffic syempre todo maka awa ang gago and tiningnan ko naman yung gasgas kaya naman kunin ng rubbing hinayaan ko na lang din. One time lang ako na gasgasan ng malaki tapos galit pa yung MC driver, ayun nung uupakan ko na binigay na agad cellphone niya at 600 pesos pang bayad sa damage. Sa asar ko binasag ko cellphone niya sa ulo niya naka helmet naman kaya di na saktan, tapos pinunit ko 600 nya tapos sinalpak ko sa bunganga niya. Imagine siya na may kasalanan siya pa nanindak at nag hahamon kala niya siguro di ko siya papalagan. Btw 3,500 inabot yung pa repaint ko sa banga niya sa akin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
CX-9 or legacy wagon?