New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    pareho naman hindi pinapansin sa Amerika and considered like lowly brand ang Subaru and Mitsubishi so i guess you can never go wrong with both

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    pareho naman hindi pinapansin sa Amerika and considered like lowly brand ang Subaru and Mitsubishi so i guess you can never go wrong with both
    So what? Americans are stupid and prone to racial discrimination. So why use them as a benchmark?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    bigla naging America e no?

Location palang ng thread starter e...

Lancer EX GLX for me... I'd probably get the mods after the first 5,000 kms... from Speedlab.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    bigla naging America e no?

Location palang ng thread starter e...

Lancer EX GLX for me... I'd probably get the mods after the first 5,000 kms... from Speedlab.
    Don't mind "jimnyeatworld" too much. Kasi lang tumira lang sa US yan for a while, feeling magaling na yung mga "kano" sa kanya.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 13th, 2010 at 12:54 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    *pareho naman hindi pinapansin sa Amerika and considered like lowly brand ang Subaru and Mitsubishi so i guess you can never go wrong with both

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    So what? Americans are stupid and prone to racial discrimination. So why use them as a benchmark?
    tsk tsk tsk bakit lagi na lang napasok ang Ameriiiiiiican on any car comparo we are in Philipppppines others say Third World.

*TS just take which you choose best for you and weigh all advice nang mga cars gurus in Tsikot,good luck

for me Lancer hehehe peace
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 13th, 2010 at 12:54 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    hehe... I was enjoying the thread na sana e, then biglang napasok ang American standard... :hysterical:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    :bwahaha: ok na sana eh, kaso pumasok si JEW talagang panira ng thread.

BTT: if light mods lang, impreza na ko since it's built better than the lancer and it also feels it would last longer than the lancer no offense to lancer owners. pero if you're planning to do a lot then lancer na ko. you can't really do that much on the impreza, you'll be spending a lot more just to be close to the wrx performance and lose the car's reliability at the same time.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ok na yung impreza, performance car naman e, for uphill or straight mukhang matatag yung impreza yung nga downside sakin yung design nasisimplehan ako parang typical na sedan design, unlike EX shark concept, pamporma talaga at may ihaharabas,..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    BTT: if light mods lang, impreza na ko since it's built better than the lancer and it also feels it would last longer than the lancer no offense to lancer owners. pero if you're planning to do a lot then lancer na ko. you can't really do that much on the impreza, you'll be spending a lot more just to be close to the wrx performance and lose the car's reliability at the same time.
    Consider that the Lancer EX GLX is much cheaper than the Subaru Impreza 2.0R.

Impreza 2.0R MT = P1,128,000.00
    engine = 2.0L (150hp*6400rpm / 196Nm*3200rpm)
    weight = 1355kg

Lancer EX GLX = P800k++ (internet is a little funky right now)
    engine = 2.0L (155hp*6000rpm / 199Nm*4250rpm)
    weight = 1290kg

The approximate P300,000 price difference between the Lancer EX and Impreza can buy a lot of performance and other mods for the Lancer. And given the two have around the same weight, HP & torque, the Lancer would have the performance advantage with a lighter transmission. The superior grip of an AWD will not be an advantage given the level of power the Impreza has.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you want to drive on the track and are single, think about a Civic 1.8 MT. The upper limits of modification aren't quite as high as some, but there are a ton of performance parts available, and it'll be quicker than either the Lancer or the Subie with similar mods.
    I thought about getting a Civic. But since it's due for replacement soon, I'll pass on this nalang. Not to mention sobrang dami na naka Civic ngayon. Right now, the Lancer and Impreza are my only choices. Both have an exclusive feel dahil konti palang nasa streets nyan ngayon.

The Lancer EX mods available now are:

-turbo-intercooler upgrade (speedlab)
    -lowering springs
    -coil-overs with adjustable shocks
    -headers (coming in late december 2010 * speedlab; dyno proven hp gains)
    -twin exhaust mufflers
    -cone-type air filter intake with tube
    -drop-in air filters (K&N; dyno proven hp gains)
    -programable piggyback ECU (UNICHIP * speedlab; dyno proven hp gains)
    -stabilizer bars
    I wonder if Impreza has that many mods here in the Philippines as well?

The suspension, while a little soft for hard driving, is fine with me if you plan to mostly drive this car on the streets.
    Yup, this will be my everyday car. I guess a comfortable ride is good. Especially I pass by SLEX everyday (manila/makati area) sobrang tagtag dun. And daming sira sa kalye.

Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    ok na yung impreza, performance car naman e, for uphill or straight mukhang matatag yung impreza yung nga downside sakin yung design nasisimplehan ako parang typical na sedan design, unlike EX shark concept, pamporma talaga at may ihaharabas,..
    Yup yun lang talaga, mas lang simple yung design ng Impreza kesa sa Lancer. Kung yung Impreza lang ay prettier, I'll get it in a heart beat. I've been wanting to own a Subaru.

Anyway, thanks all for you inputs. I'm still undecided though. I have to decide by January coz I'll give my Mazda 3 2.0 na to my mom (she sold her car na). I have to have a replacement by then.

How's the resale value of the Subaru anyway?

Decide, decide...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Still can't decide: Lancer EX or Subaru Impreza